Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eden_ga

Bunions, advice, please

eden_ga
19 years ago

HI,

I've had bunions for a long time now. I remember my mom having a bunion operation when I was 6-7 years old. So, its inherited. I've always made it a point of wearing comfortable shoes, but at age 60, my bunions have become worse, both in finding shoes that fit and shoes I can acxtually walk in. And at times, I can't lie down with my bunions touching the bed. So, the pain can be bad enough to keep me up all night.

I saw a surgeon about the bunions. He said there is an 80% success rate to this surgery and it does take a good six months to heal. But I would be doing one at a time, not both at once.

What worries me is that this is not a simple surgery. Doc told me the bones in the big toe have to be broken and reset.

I would very much like to get some feedback so as to determine if I should go ahead with the surgery. Can I take care of basic chores, not to mention gardening? And take care of my hubby? One good thing is that there will be less to do as the weather gets colder.

And I will be retaking my Master Gardening course January through March. I'm sure I can hobble around for these classes.

These are all the thoughts that come into my head.

Any insight will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Eden

Comments (2)