Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
habiru001

Portable Stool,& umbrella works for me

Habiru001
19 years ago

My arthritis is not a big factor right now- But have been overweight for a long time with high blood pressure. Therefore tire out easily & winded- I have had good results with my health problem by carrying a Safari Canvas folding stool with me in the garden- I do the square inch method and have been for many years- So this is the way to go for people with handicaps. When it is extremely hot- and I still feel the need to dig- I have an umbrella (one of those 9,95 beach varieties. So I simply stick the umbrella in the ground near my folding stool and goo to work. I put my tools and seeds in a 3 gal bucket to be at my side. Also in the bucket is two 20 ounce bottles of water-covered with a towel to keep the bottles cool. Well, folks I can tell you, this has worked well for me- I forgot to mention I have only 1 kidney- But with this determination to keep in the garden has helped me lose 27lbs during this past garden season-and I have kept it off.Plus!! My blood pressure is in the 100/65 range and I am stronger than I was a year ago.Not bad at all for a 78 year old man. So, as most of you know, it doesn't pay to give in to our aches and pains. And when we see our accomplishments in the garden, what a thrill of satisfaction comes over us. You know it has come to my mind, that Old Noah of the Bible- had such fun in replenishing the earth with all those seeds in the ark that he just kept right on living--What?- Several hundred years he lived after the flood. To conclude, I can think of no other pursuit to give a man or woman more pleasure than gardening. Yours Truly Habiru001

Comment (1)