Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
punky36

Re: May I make a Suggestion

punky36
21 years ago

Two days ago I sent a message to a person on another Forum,

I would like to copy and paste it here for you and then I will post their reply.

Sent: November 24, 2002 8:31 PM

Subject: May I Please Make a Suggestion.

I was just reading on GardenWeb that great question that you posed about the best gardening tips.

There is a Forum called Accessible. It was formed by a group of people who wanted a place for disabled people to be able to get information and encouragement, to get those who have who have never gardened before to try it and see how very therapeutic it is. Also, we want to encourage people who

used to garden, who no longer do so, since that have become disabled and believe that life is over for them.

We have asked people (both able bodies or disabled) to post any suggestions that they can, so that we can achieve that end. We want desperately to get the message out to one an

all how great it is to garden, and we are trying to find solutions to the different problems they face. Some had large gardens that they can no longer take care of.

We suggested to try raised beds and for those who can afford it to make paths where wheelchairs can pass, also to put

walls around these beds wide enough for them to sit on.

I myself have placed many large rock garden stones with flat tops strategically throughout so that I can sit on them and tend to my plants as I shift my body around on these rocks.

We try to suggest that they plant "Plants with good garden manners". That means plants that do not require a lot of work to maintain them. We have suggested container gardening for some.

I would like to invite you to visit the Accessible Forum. You can find it in Northern Gardening, under New Forums.

Could you please ask permission of all the kind people who have responded to your question, if you may post their

replies on the Accessible Forum. I understand that not

all of the ideas will apply to everyone, however, if they just find a few tips amongst the many who have responded.

I believe that would be a great big help.

Thank you so much for listening and I hope that we can talk to each other one day.

Sincerely,

Punky.

This was the reply I received:

Date:Thursday, November 28,2002 00:18:39

Subject: Re May I make a Suggestion

I think it would be easiest if you replied to my post making this suggestion and invite them to share. I am sure that they would love to ! You could also link this post on you GW post.

Thanks,

Crazyone.

I plan to pose my suggestion in response to his/her post on

Northern Gardening.

Sincerely

Punky.

Comments (3)