Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tow behind tiller

Posted by Lindsey3 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 26, 05 at 21:33

My aging father has used a Troy Bilt walk behind tiller for over 20 years. It is now too hard for him and he is gradually giving up gardening. He has a Cub Cadet lawn mower. Do tow behind tillers get the job done? Does anyone know of a tow behind that would work on a Cub Cadet? I hate to see him give up!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tow behind tiller

Lindsey,

A lot of avid gardeners are fans of "no till" cultural techniques. Not being physically able to use a Troy Bilt rear-tined tiller shouldn't be a reason to give up gardening. I use a mid-tined Merry Tiller mainly to incorporate soil amendments in the spring. Sometimes I use the tiller in the fall.

But using a tiller is only a small percentage of my gardening activities. I don't think the tiller should be a reason to give up gardening. I enjoy "horsing" my Merry Tiller around, but if I couldn't use my tiller I would either simply skip tilling altogether or get someone to till for me.

I assume when you said "Cub Cadet lawn mower" you meant Cub Cadet lawn tractor. Or possibly Cub Cadet garden tractor (that would be better). Lots of garden tractors have tiller attachments. Find out the precise model number of your Cub Cadet and contact a Cub Cadet dealer to see if a tiller attachment is available. But if not, take comfort that you can garden very successfully without it.

MM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here