Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you deal with snow?

Posted by Alisande Zone 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 13, 03 at 14:42

This is my first winter living alone. I'm not disabled, but I have fibromyalgia and occasional flares of joint problems. My husband used to make paths in the snow so I could get to the barn and my car. He wasn't able to do it last year, so I made the paths myself by walking and pushing the snow with my feet. It was tiring, but it worked. However, this year I found it dramatically worsens the bursitis in my knee(s).

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm afraid shoveling isn't an option. Thanks!

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you deal with snow?

find a neighborhood teenager or a snowblower to borrow [although that may be difficult living down a dirt road!] - we finally got a used snowblower it's almost too easy - but definitely worth every penny

o

Put an ad up at the local grocery store for someone to shovel for you. I have a lovely fellow who comes for $20 each snow.

o

You know those blow torches they use on weeds? The catalog from www.amleo.com has them and they show that they are good for melting snow and ice.

My knees finally gave out in Aug. Had to walk with a cane for several months. I suspect that I will eventually end up in a wheelchair as I have rhumetoid arthritis and I've worked on concrete floors for too many years.

Hubby had congestive heart failure so we are going to have to do something if we end up with a lot of snow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here