Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sweeping leaves?

Posted by aker (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 1, 02 at 19:56

How do all of you manage to remove Fall leaves? I use an old lightweight broom and sweep with that, but it's annoyingly akward when you are in a scooter. We have a small patio and wheelchair ramp to sweep.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sweeping leaves?

Have you tried a leaf blower/vacuum? When you have it in vacuum mode it shreds them at the same time. For a small area this should be doable, asusming you can reach from your scooter.

o

Hi, Adriana

A leaf blower/vacuum is an interesting idea. I've never used one. I wonder if anyone on here has used one from a scooter and how much strength would a person need to hold it and what about the power it runs on? How heavy is the machine and how heavy does it get it if sucks up leaves?

Thank you for any info.

o

The one I use is not too heavy, I think it's made by Black & Decker. The leaves go into a large pouch which could ptably be strapped onto the scooter for support.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here