Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcharles_gw

Cool watching these grow (different specie & hybrids)

I am going to upload photo's at some point, but for now just wanted to share an interesting observation (atleast to me).
I tend to always be 'Hands on' sorta speak with my plants. While checking over my Adeniums I noticed with the Swazicum seedlings, just how anchored they are in their pots. More so than the other species. Not sure if this is typical of this species. They are in 3" pots. Who knows what is going on under the soil, but will find out in summer when I repot.
Just a bit of trivia.
Rick

Comments (3)

• Pagan
    10 years ago

I would like to see those, Rick. I do not plan on sowing any more seeds so I will have to vicariously experience your other adenium varieties. Do you think they have more extensive roots in the soil?

In my case, my last three surviving Arabicums are significantly less anchored than my obesums. I suspected it was due to the poor quality of the seeds but I don't really know.

Pagan

• jv44
    10 years ago

Yeah, bring on the photos! I don't have any swazicums nor even hybrids with swazicums (that I know of, at least) so I can't comment on them. I have the same fascination with watching seedlings grow and develop as you....after having raised a few hundred cacti from seed back in the 1990's, adenium seedlings progress SO rapidly in comparison.

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

I want to see pictures too.
    Please post.....

Marie

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting