Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Possible Fungus?

Posted by jchandra 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 24, 13 at 17:12

I just purchased this DR and there seems to be a possible fungus issue. As you can see in the picture, there are black spots on a couple of the leaves as well as deformation. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with it and how to fix it? I'm new to this and am at a loss. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Possible Fungus?

The majority of the leaves look good, other than the two in the front lower part of plant (in photo). Looks to be a few marks on a leaf on left upper.
I would remove the two leaves that are discolored and through in garbage.
The white halo looking spots all over the leaves is more than likely from something in the water when watered over head.
Watch it for a while to see if you notice any changes as this is a new plant.
Rick

o

I agree with Rick. I don't think the damaged foliage is anything to worry about but you can pinch them off and dispose of them. The white spots on the remainder of the foliage are from water. When removing the foliage don't pull it off the main stem. Leave a small piece of the petiole (leaf stem) which will yellow and drop on it's own.

o

Thank you for the quick responses! I have cut the leaves off and I'll keep an eye on the plant. Does anyone know how to get the water spots off? I tried misting the leaves and wiping them with a paper towel, but that didn't work.

o

• Posted by Tolip Tropical (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 21:15

Those are not normal water spots. I believe the plant was sprayed with a fungicide. These are normally a suspension and when dried would normally give that appearance. It's a good treatment though not good for the appearance.

o

Thanks for the replies! Now, some of the leaves are shriveling up and falling off. Is this normal? Maybe due to climate change, it's going dormant?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here