Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
_eee

Now don't laugh

_eee
10 years ago

Oh go ahead and laugh....I did :) As I said before, I planted my seeds on Jan. 1 and 4 days later I saw some of the seeds on top of the soil so I thought I had not planted them deep enough and I pushed them back down..... well, go ahead laugh.... then a day later I noticed other seeds showing and there was a bit of green showing too. I did not know that the seed would rise as it grew but I do know and they are popping up all over and I am happy but still laughing at myself. I am leaning.....really.
Dottie

Comments (16)

• Pagan
    10 years ago

Seeds to Dottie: "Hey, I'm sprouting here! Stop that!"

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Dottie,
    That is cute. Well you are on a learning curve as most of us are and hopefully always will be. Willing to keep our minds and ears open to listening to what others have to say.
    You will learn and have a marvelous time doing so.
    Hope you are enjoying your new arrivals.
    Rick

• _eee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rick, I am soooo enjoying my little ones and if I can ever learn to send pictures I will do that too.

Fakechuchi, I can't help myself, it is just my nature.
    Dottie

• Pagan
    10 years ago

Dottie, the first time i planted adenium seeds, I kept pulling them out. That kept reminding me of Al Pacino ("Hey I'm walking here!").

I've had one last seed sprout exactly five weeks after all the other ones were already completely out. So what I thought was 90 percent germination was actually 100 percent germination rate in a tray of 10 seeds.

Pagan

• _eee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Then there is hope for me too huh Pagan? They are very hearty little guys and I guess they have to be with me and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they can survive me.
    Dottie

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Dottie, you are very brave to sow your seeds in Jan.
    I hope they are doing good for you.
    Remember to take pictures and show them to us.
    Marie

• _eee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marie, I have them in my art room under lights and I am keeping them warm so I hope they like it. So far almost all that I planted are coming up but not to sure about the poor little ones I shoved down yet. I wish I could post pictures but I still have not learned how to do that....I am not very computer savy but thanks for the good wishes.
    Dottie

• rooftopbklyn (zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Dottie, I did the same thing with some of my very first seedlings until I figured out what was happening, and that movement was a good thing, not a mistake on my part. There's always something new to learn...

Daniel

• _eee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Daniel, I think that is what is so exciting about growing anything, it is doing your best for the plant and leaning new things. Hopefully I am leaning what is best for the plants ( thanks to this site) and having fun doing it. Can't wait until spring so that I can cut back my older plants and again I wish I could figure out how to send pictures so I could share more.
    Dottie

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Dottie,

You are too cute!!

We all have done something like this, so don't worry...

You are just getting ready to become an addict like the rest of us!!! ;-)

Enjoy! It fun to laugh at ourselves!!!

I do it all of the time to myself.. ;-)

Take care,

Laura

• _eee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura, this is a addiction I am enjoying very much. I have been growing Adeniums for several years and not knowing if I was doing what I should and could not find anyone in my area that was growing them for any advice so once I got up to 12 plants I thought "oh no, I am getting crazy with these plants" but I haven't stopped yet and my crazy is growing but I am loving it especially since I have found this site and all the great people on it.
    Dottie

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    10 years ago

Dottie, best way for posting pics is to open a free acc with maybe Imgur or Photobucket and load your pics onto it, you can then easily copy them onto here. SoI suggest you open an acc first, put some pics onto it and then come back if you need further info :) It's easy when you know how...as are most things, and as we say, i'ts all about that learning curve that we are all part of.
    Congrats on your babies!
    Gill UK.

• _eee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gil, I am going to try again to see if I can get my photos though. Thanks, Dottie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Dottie,
    I used to use Photobucket and then they made some changes and it made it more difficult for me to figure out. Just me.
    Mark, then suggested "imgur" and I signed up to it and I find it very easy now to use. Seems more user friendly to me.
    I think it is all you get used to.
    Looking forward to seeing some of your photo's.
    Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can.
    Got a new cell phone prior to Christmas and someone text me. Had to ask then to show me how to do this. My nephew.
    With original cell. I used to flip it open, put in the number and wonder why the blinkin thing was not ringing. Go figure, you where supposed to hit "Send".
    Should not admit these things.
    Oh well.
    Rick

• _eee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rick, I am going to give it another try. Maybe there is hope for me after all.
    Dottie

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Rick

Lol, I never thought I would cross over either. Then. I had to. My cell was so old they laughed at me at the store. They couldn't save any contacts either. That was sad... I was eight years due for an upgrade. I'll rest my case. ;-)

It all good. We all help each other, that is what friends are for...

Take good care,

Laura