Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DR Flower buds

Posted by MRI_Guy 5a (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 20:39

Today I saw a small cluster of flower buds growing on one of the DR's that I had recently purchased from Stein Garden Center - I hope they fully form and bloom! We had 9" of snow today in central Wisconsin and temps are forecasted to dip to 2 degrees tonight where I live and as low as -10 in northern WI. I can't think of a better way to chase away the winter blues than to see that DR in bloom!

Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DR Flower buds

• Posted by sbrow156 Cairns QLD Australia (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 21:54

Must post pics when the buds open! :D

o

As long as they get enough light and warmth they should open. Post pics when they do.

Snow is the second worst 4 letter word I know. 1st is cold. lol We had a short reprieve from the frigid temps. Last Sunday night temps were in the teens and by Tues the daytime temps hit 71!!! We are back down in the 30's and under a flash flood/high wind warning with possible snow predicted for Friday. Yet another freaky weather season.

o

Yes please do show us!!
Seems like we are all experiencing this mad weather. We have been down to -8c and 10 inches of snow, it's all melted now and that produced dozens of flood warnings. The sun is shining brilliantly but the wind is ferocious. Even had thunder and lightening whilst snow was here! It's gone mad.
I think we all need some well deserved sun therapy, some new plants, plenty of flowers on whatever we grow and a good 2013 season.
Gill from the UK.

o

I stopped by my office today and the buds are definitely getting fatter with a small bit of red/pink showing. It's a toasty 75 degrees F. in that room with lots of sunshine and a humidifier to keep things from drying out. I'll post pictures when they are a little bigger and a little more interesting to look at...

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here