Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grafting adeniums

Posted by souradeep1982 none (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 12:40

hi friends,
i am a new member of gw. i live in india (calcutta).i want to learn how to graft adeniums.can multiple grafts be made on a single stock.if yes how.looking forward to your posts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grafting adeniums

Hello, souradeep.

Here's a link where it's been discussed before. Short answer is yes there can be multiple grafts. I guess as for the technique depends on the style of grafting you prefer like a v-graft or flat graft. Hope this helps and gives you some ideas you are looking for.

I'm trying to find another link that shows some of Marie's multi-grafted adeniums. She has an amazing collection.

Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Question on multi color grafted adeniums

o

Yes, Marie has some wonderful multi grafts and has grafted many singles aslo.
I have seen multi grafts done one 1 root stock (caudex).
They where two scions (Cleft graft) grafted onto 1 terminal stalk.
I think I prefer the type I have seen with multiple flat grafts done on lateral branches with different colors.
Personal preference I quess.
David Clulow has a wonderful and descriptive site on grating and I am not able to put my finger on it at this time. May find by googling it.
Rick

o

thanks to both of yuo.it will be great if you can suggest any site with photos of step by step procedure.

o

Here is the David Culow I think Rick is talking about.

Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Grafting by David Culow

o

that was really usefull.

o

souradeep1982 , here you will find how Maria made her grafts.

Here is a link that might be useful:Result of last year grafts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here