Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adenium obesum roots

Posted by plumygirl 9b (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 20:59

Found this adenium all forgotten and neglected at a nursery in Vero Beach. Look at the roots I get to play with LOL!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adenium obesum roots

That is going to be a great looking plant with the root system.
Not sure if they do the interesting root manipulation with 'Obesum's' or just Arabicums/Thai soco's.
Take a look at Adeniumsindia.com. They have some very interesting photo's and description of training roots for a particular look.
They hang them for up to a month and the roots become more maliable and they use bamboo sticks to hold roots where they want when repotted.
Quite an art in Thailand and other countries.
Rick

o

How long does it take for a root system like that to develop? I don't think I have the patience and fortitude for that kind of project but it is a curious thing.

o

Hi Michelle!!!

YOU lucky gal!!!

SHe is beautiful!!!

OMG!!! Love those roots!!

Have fun!!

Laura

o

Wow - a great looking set of roots!

Scott

o

I had to laugh reading these messages in order.
Just my sense of humor of lack of.
Someone not into plants would think we where talking of a person.
Only Adenium aholics or plant lovers would appreciate.
Rick

By the way that is one special plant you have there.

o

Rick yes, I see what you mean, it does read as if a person is being described, lol! We often talk about ones good set of roots, fat bottoms etc., what are we like??

Michelle, welcome to the forum. What a find, that's a great looking plant you have there, it will be interesting to see it develop even further. How big is it, it looks HUGE? Are you planning on un-potting it to see what else lies below or have you done this already in your picture?
Gill from the UK.

o

That is a super looking plant. I do envy you

o

wow!!! such a great plant to work with. You have a lucky find on your hands...........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here