Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lunar New Year 2013

Posted by ltran54 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 22:57

Last week was Lunar New Year. These are few pictures of the display adenium in the park in Sai Gon Viet Nam.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lunar New Year 2013

Excuse me while i pick up my jaw from the floor...
They are beyond amazing!

o

Marie. Those are so amazing makes me feel like jumping onto a plane just to take something that like that in. Did you attend this show?
I am with teyo on that one.
It takes your breath away. What they have created is astounding.
I can see your vision when I see these. Yours are the beginning of such a marvel.
Thank you for sharing,
Rick

o

Rick, no, I didn't attended this show. I got those from other friends and sites.

I wish I was there. The hot weather contributes on the grow and bloom.

Marie

o

These are amazing! I wish I'd started collecting adeniums in my early 20's rather than at 41. I almost feel cheated out of many years of a wonderful hobby. :-)

Kirk

o

Marie,
A thousand thanks for posting those pictures, they are beyond amazing ! Am I right in assuming this takes place each year in the park? By the size of the pots/plants they can't have travelled far so the growers must be close too. This event under the warm tropical sun would make the travel worthwhile from just about anywhere, hmmmmmm

Brian UK

o

Brian, you welcome....these plants belong to many owners.
Each pot had a small name tag. Some of them belong to one of my personal friend. He email me the pictures.

Marie

o

I would love to see this show. It is quite something and coming from an amateur Adenium grower such as my self. I am always learning.
An observation by a learned man stated that many of these large Adeniums would have to be grafted (many branches)as the double and triple flowers have not been established in such time to have a caudex of these sizes. Also, Yellow even for as long as the multi petaled.
Not taking anything away from there beauty and fortitude to accomplish these amazing plants.
Just an observation and good to understand.
Rick

o

Rick,
I believe that some of these plants can be as old as 30+ years. Just think that this has been popular for so long and we never heard about it. Thank you people and thank you internet.
Brian UK.

o

Amazing plants, thanks for showing us Marie. An inspiration to us all, but I doubt most of us will not 'quite' reach that standard!
Gill from the UK.

o

I am sure that they are very old plants and to be involved with such beauties would be a dream. The gentlemans observation was of them being double and triple flower forms which have not been in existence from what they say.
The yellow Adenium is even younger in cultivation.
These experts of Adenium have mastered this and it is not surprising considering their history.
Seeing these photo's is much appreciated.
Rick

o

Marie,

Those are some amazing plants! I saw some big ones in the Philippines almost two years ago now, and it was then that I realized they can take high humidity. I used to think they were low humidity plants, growing in the Socotra islands as they do. I will be sure to be on the lookout for more of them in the Philippines when I go back there later this spring!

Christopher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here