Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

Lunar New Year 2013

Marie Tran
11 years ago

Last week was Lunar New Year. These are few pictures of the display adenium in the park in Sai Gon Viet Nam.

{{gwi:339586}}

{{gwi:339587}}

{{gwi:339588}}

{{gwi:339589}}

{{gwi:339590}}

{{gwi:339591}}

{{gwi:339592}}

{{gwi:339594}}

{{gwi:339596}}

Comments (11)

• teyo
    11 years ago

Excuse me while i pick up my jaw from the floor...
    They are beyond amazing!

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

Marie. Those are so amazing makes me feel like jumping onto a plane just to take something that like that in. Did you attend this show?
    I am with teyo on that one.
    It takes your breath away. What they have created is astounding.
    I can see your vision when I see these. Yours are the beginning of such a marvel.
    Thank you for sharing,
    Rick

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rick, no, I didn't attended this show. I got those from other friends and sites.

I wish I was there. The hot weather contributes on the grow and bloom.

Marie

• User
    11 years ago

Marie,
    A thousand thanks for posting those pictures, they are beyond amazing ! Am I right in assuming this takes place each year in the park? By the size of the pots/plants they can't have travelled far so the growers must be close too. This event under the warm tropical sun would make the travel worthwhile from just about anywhere, hmmmmmm

Brian UK

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Brian, you welcome....these plants belong to many owners.
    Each pot had a small name tag. Some of them belong to one of my personal friend. He email me the pictures.

Marie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

I would love to see this show. It is quite something and coming from an amateur Adenium grower such as my self. I am always learning.
    An observation by a learned man stated that many of these large Adeniums would have to be grafted (many branches)as the double and triple flowers have not been established in such time to have a caudex of these sizes. Also, Yellow even for as long as the multi petaled.
    Not taking anything away from there beauty and fortitude to accomplish these amazing plants.
    Just an observation and good to understand.
    Rick

• User
    11 years ago

Rick,
    I believe that some of these plants can be as old as 30+ years. Just think that this has been popular for so long and we never heard about it. Thank you people and thank you internet.
    Brian UK.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    11 years ago

Amazing plants, thanks for showing us Marie. An inspiration to us all, but I doubt most of us will not 'quite' reach that standard!
    Gill from the UK.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

I am sure that they are very old plants and to be involved with such beauties would be a dream. The gentlemans observation was of them being double and triple flower forms which have not been in existence from what they say.
    The yellow Adenium is even younger in cultivation.
    These experts of Adenium have mastered this and it is not surprising considering their history.
    Seeing these photo's is much appreciated.
    Rick

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Marie,

Those are some amazing plants! I saw some big ones in the Philippines almost two years ago now, and it was then that I realized they can take high humidity. I used to think they were low humidity plants, growing in the Socotra islands as they do. I will be sure to be on the lookout for more of them in the Philippines when I go back there later this spring!

Christopher

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths