Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White bark Adenium?

Posted by 54641210d none (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 23:54

Take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHlcVDCJ2W8

The adenium this man is with has a white bark. Is it an Adenium Arabicum or Obesum? Or a different breed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White bark Adenium?

I could not see the YouTube you speak of, but there are many of the Thai Socotranums (Arabicums) which tend to have a silver looking bark.
Mine does anyhow. Got it as a Thai Soco, but probably not a true Thai Soco.
Rick

o

That's probably it. I looked it up on google and it seems about right

o

Hope I was able to fix the UTube so you can click on the link. Otherwise, just copy and paste it to make it work.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here

o

Thank you Neysa, The Youtube video works just fine.
I have seen this video previously and I believe that the plant he is working with is possibly an 'obesum' and the plant has been raised in subsequent years to expose the caudex.
The silver/white is what you will see as the specimen gets older and the bark becomes this color.
Love the flower on his plant.
The doubles that they are producing are amazing, but I find myself drawn to the single petalled forms. Many with the leaf type of swazicum and crispum.
Just started a bunch of single petalled and looking forward to their development.
Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here