Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adeniums waking up

Posted by kodom087 9 Houston (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 15:54

Well, the other day I spent some time trimming off a few rotted branches on about 5 adeniums. Taking inventory of what young seedlings I lost. Repotted a couple of my older seedlings as well. I noticed that several in my collection are starting to wake up.

Today, while in the garage, I noticed that my ultimate favorite...Rik Ni Ran...is already putting out clusters of bloom buds. So I had to make the choice to move a few of them outside to get more light. I don't want to lose those beautiful blooms! Guess I'll be spending the next few weeks moving them in and out of the garage when temps get what I feel will be to low for them to handle. Oh the joys! LOL

I'm just glad we're starting to have more warmer days than cooler days. I need to start planing how I want them in the yard and then how I'm going to store them this winter. The garage was crowded without having shelves to put them on.

Any one else in the lower states seeing signs of adenium spring cheer?

Kirk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adeniums waking up

A picture as a reminder.

Kirk

o

Kirk! My Rik Ni Ran never went dormant indoors and look at what she's doing now. It hasn't even stopped going below zero outside (celsius, that is).

I'm not terribly optimistic about these buds but who knows? Fingers crossed....

o

That's great! Perhaps you won't lose the buds at all. Can't wait to see pics if/when they open!

Kirk

o

I have some nice blooms here myself :)

-Heather

o

Kirk and Heather, I am jealous of you guys.

My plants still dry and waiting to be outside.

Maybe this weekend.

Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here