Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seax88

Seax88
10 years ago

Hi, I'm Jack and live in Phoenix, Az. and have been into adenium for about 6 years now. This picture is from my collection last year. I still have all of the plants and pruned them last week so they have just started new growth so I'll show them again in about a month.

Comments (14)

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Very nice looking plants, Jack.
    You live in a good climate for Adeniums.
    Wonderful group of people on this forum and very helpful.
    Rick

• ginger9899
    10 years ago

I like your chubby caudexes Jack, they all look so healthy. Did you grow these from seed?

-Heather

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Hello and welcome!

Great looking plants. Good job!

Kirk

• Pagan
    10 years ago

Hello Jack, welcome!

Email us some of that Arizona warmth!

Pagan

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

Looking good Jack. Welcome. Paula

• laurieinphx
    10 years ago

Hi Jack:

I also live in Phoenix. Do you leave your plants in the full sun in the heat of our summers all day? Also I am wondering what type of soil you have had success with in our heat and how often you water? I am new to growing Adeniums and wondering what works for you in our climate. Thanks for any information you can provide me with! Welcome to the forum! Everyone is very helpful.

Laurie

• jayeff71
    10 years ago

Welcome to the forum Jack there is a great bunch of guys on here ,its good that we can share all our results and problems together enjoy
    Regards John
    Thailand. ( Expat UK)

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Hello and Welcome Jack.
    Zone 9 is ready for plants to be outside.....hooray hooray....
    Still so cold over the weekend for Houston Texas.

Marie

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    10 years ago

Hello Jack and a warm welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy visiting. Please post as much as you can, we love to hear from anyone who is interested in growing adeniums so we hope to see you around often.
    Gill UK

• Seax88
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome, it looks like a good group here.
    As my adenium have been outside for about 3 weeks now, I have already pruned them and new growth has started quickly. This pic was taken a week ago.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    10 years ago

Yes Jack....we are VERY nice! Folks on here are very helpful, and show patience in spadesful, especially with the likes of me who are trying to grow tropicals in the less than ideal and temperate UK. Actually, I think that should really read as 'temperamental UK' ha-ha!

Your plants look good, I hope you have a great season with them.

Have you grown the plants yourself from seeds, if not, are they grafted?

Gill UK

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Beautiful !!

I wanted to add my " Welcome" too!!!

Just wanted to say that we do have a great group here...

Everyone is so helpful and kind..

Have a great day!!

Laura

• azpedsrn
    10 years ago

Welcome Jack. I also live in Phoenix...well actually about two miles across the line into Glendale. I'm thinking about trying an Adenium. I saw one at Lowes last week for $20 but was afraid to spend that much and not know how to care for it. I'll have to watch for a smaller one. Hi Laurie also. It's nice to have more people in the same area for when I have questions about care of plants for our climate.

• Houndhome
    10 years ago

Hi Jack - I'm in the Chandler area, welcome! Your Adeniums look great, I have 1 that is just starting to get leaves hoping it will fill out soon.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio