Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Msg for Marlene, Re spider mites

Hello Marlene. It was my smaller plants and seedlings that got trashed by the mites. The larger 5 were separate and didn't get infected luckily. I did something rather drastic to try and remedy it. After spraying a couple of times with Bayer 'Provado Ultimate Bug Killer' they still persisted in places so I stripped all the leaves off, brushed them down with a soft paintbrush, sprayed again and re-potted....and prayed! All my plants were in the gritty mix which I have used this past year or so. I'm finding it OK for the larger plants as they can store more water in the caudexes, but for the little ones in small pots I think they dry out too quickly so I've re-potted into a mix with some added cactus compost. Just my opinion, we have to do what works for us as individuals. I'll update you in due course as to what happens to them. Not sure whether I've seen the bug mix above in OZ stores but I know you do get some of our UK products, a blast from a well aimed spray/hose will help initially, the dish soap remedy is also useful too....good luck.

Gill UK

Comments (3)