Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katluvr

double adeniums at wal mart

katluvr
11 years ago

Hi all,
I know it has been a very long time since I have been able to get on here, just wanted to post a note that I was at a walmart in Ga, and they had over a dozen adeniums in, and one was blooming, it was a dbl or triple white! grafted of coarse as were all of them, there were several in bud big thick buds so I believe that they would have been dbl's as well, but as always it was the ugliest least healthy looking caudex that was blooming, but I can't stop thinking about it and what the others might look like, so I will go back next saturday and see if any more are blooming.
Also in another wal-mart I found a whole tray of beautiful perfect large Aloe 'christmas carol' just beautiful I wanted to buy the whole tray and should have I bought 5 lol!
Well I hope you are all doing well and I hope to be able to get back in here every now and then I miss reading about every ones plants. Ronda

Comments (9)

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    11 years ago

Ronda, yes you do need to go back, there are several DR's with your name on I'm sure!
    Things are a beginning to pick up here on the forum at the moment as several of us have lots of newly sprouted seeds coming along nicely. I'm sure it will step up a gear when spring arrives proper and our plants wake up. Hope to see you posting some pics of your newly aquired plants!!
    Gill from the UK.

• msrohud
    11 years ago

Ronda,

Can I ask where about you are in Georgia? I am in Hilton Head and didn't see any here, but wondering if they may be at the Savannah stores. I see a trip in my future!

• katluvr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi msro,
    I was at the Villa Rica Ga store that is in far west Ga just off of I-20, what is funny I went to the next w/m on my list which is in the next county but not far and also only a couple of miles off of I-20 and they had none! I missed out going to the w/m here where I live in AL, today wish I had gone on and checked them out.
    Good luck on your search!

Hi Gill,
    You are so right, I am so regretting not picking up a couple plants any way while I was there, one I liked had very slender leaves and the bud were long small and slender I can't help but wonder what it might have looked like, hoping to go back next weekend .......Hope they are still there!

• msrohud
    11 years ago

I was just at 3 different Walmarts in the Hilton Head/Savannah airport area. These had just been delivered either last night or this morning as they were still in the Costa Farms boxes. A lot of them had buds and one was in bloom with a single white with red stripeing and all were grafted. There were some really cool caudexes that followed me home....glad DH was still golfing! Price is $12.88.

• kodom087 z9a
    11 years ago

Wow! Lucky. I hit the Lowe's and the Home Depot that's across the freeway from me and they didn't have any. I've seen them at the Home Depot last fall but didn't know what they'd bloom and they were at least 5 year old ones. I am hoping to cruise through a Walmart this weekend and maybe I'll see some there although I'm probably going to hold out for a while on buying an established/grafted one. I am really wanting to hit a nursery or two that Marie told me about. I just haven't called them up to see when they'd be getting any in because I know I'd want to go right then and spend a ton of money I don't have since I'm saving cash for a 2-3 week stay at my sister's down in Port Aransas for Sand Fest and for the Corpus Christi Botanical Garden Spring sale to snag up a couple of plumaria cuttings. LOL

Kirk

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    11 years ago

Msro...have you any pics of your purchases? It would be great to see them!

Kirk, who are you kidding? You know you really will go and grab some of those Walmart DR's, lol!

Gill from the UK.

• msrohud
    11 years ago

Gill,

I will try to post some early next week - it will be the first time. By the way,
    your "resurrected" plants are wonderful.

I am a long time lurker and have learned soooo much from everyone here. Even though we have "cheap" adeniums here, please keep telling yourself Gill that "We have Stonhenge, we have Stonhenge..." (which I LOVE!)

Melissa

• msrohud
    11 years ago

Add an E please: Stonehenge

It's adenium overload!

• katluvr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello msro,
    I am so glad you were able to find some adeniums at your wal-mart, I went to my local store this Saturday and they had just gotten in a shipment as well and believe it or not there was a red double blooming just sitting there I grabbed it up plus another that has huge really fat buds so I am hoping it has to be a dbl as well as fat as the buds are, I guess they will become a lot more common now at Lowe's and W/M.
    I am not a whizz with the computer but if I can figure out about putting on a pic I will list a picture of my new red dbl , the bloom is a bit battered from shipping tho. Ronda

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County