Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

happy birthday to the adenium forum!!!

Can you believe it's a year today since we started the forum?
Here's hoping we have many more to come....enjoy!!
Gill from the UK.

Comments (15)

• kodom087 z9a
    11 years ago

Aww! Happy bday to the forum!

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday to the forum and thanks to you Gill.
    You get the forum started.
    Marie

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday, Adenium Forum!

Can't believe it's been a year..Time does fly.

Gill, thanks for starting this forum. If it wasn't for you, there'd be no 1-year b-day... Toni

• averil
    11 years ago

Happy birthday. Thanks Gill, this place is so informative and helpful. Thank you everybody x
    Averil uk

• MyLan153
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday, Adenium Forum!

A lot of thanks to Gill and everyone who has contributed the information, knowledge, care, help etc. and the kindness on this forum.

MyLan

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi folks, yes we now have a host of new members, lots of new plants to show off, pots full of baby seedlings by the score (and more in some cases!) and tons more knowledge than this time last year! This is a great place to come to and chat about our hobby. I personally feel I have made lots of new friends and I hope you have too.
    So I say, thanks to YOU all for taking part as I would have been very lonely here on my own, lol!!!
    Gill from the UK.

• ladylotus
    11 years ago

I watched this forum grow and am very thankful you worked to get it started Gill. As soon as my DR's have leaves on them I will begin sending photos.

Happy Birthday!

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

I have only been following in this forum for a short period and I am so thankful, that I somehow stumbled into it or it stumbled into me. Gill, thank you for making this possible and all for allowing me to be a part of a knowledgeable, giving and passionate group of people. These Adeniums are amazing plants. Hearing and seeing everyone's plants from so many parts of the world makes this forum so special to me.
    Rick

• MRI_Guy
    11 years ago

I echo Rick's comments. When I found this forum, all I knew was that I had a Desert Rose plant and I needed to learn more about it. Following the advice I had received from Gill and others on this site, I successfully hard pruned that plant and it rewarded me with multiple new branches and 4 beautiful flowers. Then I tried my hand at seed propagation and was successful there as well. Thanks Gill for your efforts in forming this group and creating this forum for "newbies" like me!

Scott

• trip_kc
    11 years ago

No doubt this forum is pool of real adenium lovers ever ready to help.I personaly got many tips and encouragement from seniors in this forum
    wish forum grand succes on its birthday

• trip_kc
    11 years ago

No doubt this forum is pool of real adenium lovers ever ready to help.I personaly got many tips and encouragement from seniors in this forum
    wish forum grand succes on its birthday

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    11 years ago

Thanks for getting the forum started Gill.
    now if only I could get my seeds and plants to grow from all the help.

Sharon

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What a great bunch of folks we all are, give yourselves a pat on the back! I am really addicted to this site and I think my d/h is getting suspicious as to what I'm doing glued to the laptop each evening, lol.

Sharon, please don't give up! I have lost so many seedlings since I started to try and grow DR's in 2005. Then to have the bulk of my albeit 'small' collection wiped out in the 'unmentionalble incident'last Nov I was even on the verge of chucking the survivors away! I'm glad I stuck with them as they are now rewarding my patience and then with the seeds that Rick kindly sent me, I have now got some nice babies growing away. So, you will get there!
    Gill UK.

• Junglajungle
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday! I came to this forum with one desert rose less than a month ago, and now I have three. Thank you all for the help you provide.

Ariana

This post was edited by Junglajungle on Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 20:03

• dragonstone
    11 years ago

That's fantastic. :) Happy birthday to the forum!