Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcharles_gw

Adenium Flower Photo's "April/May" 2013

Not sure if this is fine with others, but thought if we started a thread with a 1-2 Month heading, we could all post photo's of flowers if and when we get them.
Next heading would be either a singular month or multiple. This way we can go directly to that thread to view or add.
Your thoughts,
Was hoping that this would be for all,
Rick

Comments (31)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Great idea Rick!!

I'll post when I get home .

I received your email . Since you sent it from GW it won't let me respond... I can't send one from your page either . Please send me your info so I can contact you. (email)

Thanks!

Laura

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Fun idea! If I get any flowers you know I'll be posting!!! LOL!

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    10 years ago

Great idea...I'm with Emily on this one as I have yet to get a flower to show you all, you will all hear when I do though.
    Gill UK

• binlin
    10 years ago

Here's my arabicum from a few weeks ago:

{{gwi:341907}}

My obesum is about to bloom too. The flower should be open either sometime this evening, or tomorrow morning.

{{gwi:341908}}

• Sugi_C (Las Vegas, NV)
    10 years ago

This is my first Adenium so I'm a total newbie at this. I've had Laura confirm for me that it isn't dying, haha.

Mine did bloom (good) but the flower lasted a day before it began to fade (not so good). Is that the norm? It originally appeared like quie a few buds were emerging but then it became one large bud, and then one flower....it was also not the variety I ordered as I had asked for a red one and this is pink and white,

Grace

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

My White Angle. Thanks to Marie for turning me to this one. I normally do not like white flowers but this one is magnificent!

Indoors. No flash.
    {{gwi:341910}}

Indoors. Flash.
    {{gwi:341911}}

Outdoors. In shade.
    {{gwi:341912}}

Outdoors. In sun.
    {{gwi:341913}}

Kirk

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am with you on the not going with white, but no matter how the picture has been taken, all you can say is WOW! What a magnificent bloom the shape of petals and the purity of the color is pristine.
    Wonderful and thanks for sharing Kirk.
    Rick

• averil
    10 years ago

Your flowers are all so lovely. My plants are young yet so until (hopefully) I get a flower I shall enjoy yours
    Kind regards
    Averil Uk

• elucas101
    10 years ago

WOW, I love all of your flowers!!! Very nice, I like this thread!

• jv44
    10 years ago

This is a really good thread--nice blooms! I'm with you Kirk on the white flowers....they're just not a color I go for. But there's something about that one of yours, the form and purity of color are outstanding!

So here's a photo of mine taken a couple days ago....it has opened a bit wider but still not quite completely. Supposed to be a seedling from "Black Fire" and it DID have some much darker markings on the outer edges of the petal but they've faded--I still love the velvety intense red color. Camera flash washes out the yellow throat here unfortunately.

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Kirk, wow.....it is beautiful white. This pot will give you plenty of blooms when it has better root system.

Grace, I like your pink...lt looks for fresh
    JV44. I like your background.

Marie

• jv44
    10 years ago

Thanks Marie--it's a t-shirt that I painted. My normal job is working as an artist using airbrushes to paint on almost anything--shirts, leather jackets, silk neckties, cars, helmets, 'cycle tanks and fenders, etc. This was the nearest I had to a plain solid black background. Here's a pic of the shirt--I hope I don't get into trouble posting such a non-adenium type pic...

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone.

JV44: I'm wanting a Black Fire at some point. If that's it's first flowering then the next time you'll probably have better results with how it opens and the color. Or so I've read.

Here is today's picture of the White Angel. Two more blooms opened up. And I'm impressed with how the first flower has been holding up in the sun and wind. There's just a hint of browning on the edge but I think that's because it had been under a shade cloth until I got it home. At least it's not going all ugly like a gardenia (which is one of the reasons I don't like white flowers.) I think this one is a keeper for sure!
    {{gwi:341914}}

Kirk

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Opened today. Please ignore the ugly plastic pot. LOL
    {{gwi:341915}}

{{gwi:341916}}

Kirk

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kirk,
    Lovely flower and I have to say. I love the doubles, triples, etc., but the single blooms are so uncomplicated or something. I find my self so drawn to them.
    Rick

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

I agree. I need more singles in my collection.

Kirk

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    10 years ago

Re: the T shirt...is that pure talent or what? Amazing art work there!!!
    Re: the plant in the placcy pot....I covet that plant in or out of any type of pot!
    Gill UK

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

I can't wait for some blooms to open on my Rik Ni Ran. Should be some time this week. The Tang Dark Blood might bloom next week or so. It's going so slow on that one though.

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Kirk, I am jealous of your White Angle, it stills small, but holds up 3 blooms and many buds are forming. My pot stills no bud....only leaves. (Due to hard prune)

Marie

• thatadeniumguy
    10 years ago

wow, nice! I am bidding myself on a nice adenium off Ebay, its 23 years old if i catch it and it blooms i will be sure to post some pics here!

• ginger9899
    10 years ago

I wanted to show off my new flower. It is a "King Violet". I am so excited it actually opened. This is a young plant that has been growing but dropping buds since I got it last year. It finally let one get big and open and I love it! The flower is huge and on a tiny lower branch lol.

{{gwi:341917}}

{{gwi:341918}}

{{gwi:341919}}

-Heather

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Great flower! Congrats!

Kirk

• jv44
    10 years ago

That flower is outstanding Heather! Think how awesome it will look in a year or two with a dozen of those open at once! My single red flower is finally starting to die--it's lasted for a good 3 weeks. Now there's 3 new buds coming along.

• SiDuong
    10 years ago

New Yellow Sorbet adenium

• SiDuong
    10 years ago

New Yellow adenium

• SiDuong
    10 years ago

New Yellow Adenium Flowers

• SiDuong
    10 years ago

Yellow Adenium. I bought this one last year and now the first time I see the beautiful flower. I Love It.

• SiDuong
    10 years ago

Another kind of yellow which bloomed last year. This year not yet.

• Marie Tran
    10 years ago

Wow.....SiDuong, those are beautiful....Congrats....
    I love yellow adenium...any yellow...
    My Happy Gold just bloomed early last week, the color wasn't quite deep, but I still like it. Your yellow is good.
    Marie

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Love how yellow those are. That Sorbet is impressive as well.

Kirk

• jv44
    10 years ago

Yep, those are nice yellow blooms, SiDuong--thanks for posting! I gotta admit...yellow has got to be my least favorite flower color--but it's growing on me. I'm going to order some seeds from Mr. Ko and two kinds will be yellows--one with pink and one with prominent red markings.

Mike in MN

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?