Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it time

Posted by bikerdoc5968 6 SE MI (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 12:03

Well, is it time for these to move into a new home? And, if so, do you just carefully dig them up and replant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it time

Hey yo.

I'm sure there's an optimum time for repotting adenium seedlings. I think the rule of thumb is to move them when they have three sets of true leaves.

But I have pulled out seedlings as young as 12 days from the mat of green goo they were growing in, moved them into deli containers that are now their individual pots. They're fine.

On the other hand, I also have two-month old seedlings still growing in the container where they germinated.

Nice plants! Getting fat bottoms already. If they were my plants, I'd pot them up individually now--especially those two that might already be tangled....Or, on second thought, I'd probably leave those two tangled and pot them up that way, just to see what happens in a year.

Pagan

This post was edited by fakechuchi on Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 15:22

o
RE: Is it time

Hi there Howard, good to 'see' you again!
I tend to re-pot mine when they are at that stage as I think they can be looked after better when they are potted up individually...just my opinion. I find that in a multi-cell tray, some can be dry, some can be wetter and watering one can let excess water go into other cells from the bottom...so in other words I can control their moisture levels better when in their own pots.
I'll reply to your email later tonight ;)
Gill, UK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here