Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kodom087

Catching up

kodom087 z9a
10 years ago

Had a long weekend down in Port Aransas, Texas for SandFest visiting my sister. Lots of great sand sculptures (link to be posted later), bird watching from my sister's decks around her house and of course some pretty plants blooming around the island.

Anyway, here's some pics of her two desert roses.

Her newly acquired purchase that she didn't pick one up for me from the Corpus Cristi Botanical Garden sale two weekends ago. *sad face* Looks to be an arabicum/somalense cross She sent it home with me to start training the branches for her. She may not ever get it back! LOL
{{gwi:342065}}

Her obesum she got last year at the Corpus Cristi Botanical Garden sale. I bare rooted to repot. Found only very little bit of rot on the tip of the tap root (that was never cut off). I always thought her's was rooted from cutting until this weekend when I started the repot project.
{{gwi:342067}}
{{gwi:342069}}
{{gwi:342071}}

Repotted with dirt mound up around the DR. Told her how to care for it and water it for the next couple of months. Eventually the dirt mound will wash down slowly exposing the roots/caudex without sunburn (I hope) eventually exposing about 2 inches total. Next year more exposure in the repot.
{{gwi:342072}}
{{gwi:342073}}

Just for fun, her back porch with some Baltimore Oriole and Red Breasted Grosbeak hanging out under her Fuschia plant. You only see two here but there were always about 20-30 hanging around fighting over the fruit.
{{gwi:342074}}

Kirk

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH