Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repotted my Lowe's DR. (big pics)

Posted by dragonstone z8 NC (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 13:18

I hope I did it right... After doing a lot of research on the gritty mix and picking up the substituted parts, I repotted it!

This is what it looked like before:

And then when I removed the soil:
(One side)

(Other side)

And then after I potted it:
(One side)

(Other side)

It was suggested to me to remove that knot of root that stuck out on one side but I decided not to, mostly because it was way too big and I have no idea what it'll do to the plant? And it might add character to the plant down the road.

Also, while I was removing the dirt, I noticed the little leaf at the top had turned yellow while some of the other leaves had black edges? Which I didn't see in the first photo I took of it. Should I be concerned or is this the plant trying to adjust to its new surroundings?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repotted my Lowe's DR. (big pics)

Well done, do not worry about leaves, you can trim the leaves with black edges .

o

Wow - you did a great job! It is my humble opinion that the best part of a store-bought Adenium always lies under the soil. That's a beautiful caudex - and a happy plant!

Scott

o

Well done and great pot.....beautiful.
Marie

o

That's a nice adenium. Great job!

Kirk

o

Woohoo! Thank you all :) I was really nervous about removing all the dirt. Never done that before. hehe.

o

Wasn't that coconut coir a chore to wash off? It took me about 7 pans full of water to get most of it off! Nice job!

o

Oh, man, yes! I had to keep emptying the pail and refilling it. That stuff loved to stick right back onto the plant every time I tried to swish 'em off in the water. :O

o

Really nice job. I think it looks much better after you raised it up. Some of it's beauty was hidden, The pot is really nice. That is something I need to invest in soon. Thanks for posting - beautiful plant.
Coite

o

Well done! Beautiful pot and very nice looking plant!

o

Beautiful!!!!!

Don't worry about the yellowing leaves.. It is just adjusting to the repotting.

I loved how you showed the different sides of this great DR.

Your container is quite lovely as well ,

Pretty work!

Laura

o

Many thanks. :) It still seems to be doing fine today even though there's no new growth yet, but I know that takes plenty of time after being repotted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here