Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeds

Posted by divij none (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 14:40

Hello people im new and just bought some adeniums...i wnted to noe when will they produce seeds and from which part and do adenium plants give seeds ???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeds

Hi divij! Welcome! Adenium can certainly set seed, but there is no set length of time which guaratees seeds. They have to be pollinated which is usually done by small insects or moths. If pollinated, they will grow a seed pod where an old flower bud was I believe. The seed pod ripens after a few months it will start to crack open and they are ready to harvest!

Good luck and please feel free to share any pictures or questions here, we would love to see your progress.

o
RE: Seeds

• Posted by sbrow156 Cairns QLD Australia (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 23:47

A friend pollinated their own plant by dipping the middle spindly bit of a picked flower into each of the other flowers on their plant. They god a couple of seed pods from that. I have been lucky and got random seed pods. I got two on one plant and let them grow and planted the seeds...then had about 5 on another plant and i didnt want any more or to take the growing power away from the rest of the plant so i cut them all off when they were small.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here