Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I repot

Posted by Junglajungle 9b Arizona (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 14:44

Hello! I purchased a Dessert Rose plant today, should I repot it? It has bulbs; it looks like the pot is too big for it. Thanks for all your help. Aria

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I repot

Junglajungle, your plant looks okay in that pot.
Marie

o

Thanks Marie, do you think is ok to leave in the soil it came in from the store? Thanks for taking the time to reply. Ariana

o

Ariana, I am not sure what soil it came in.
But if you decided to repot, new soil wouldn't hurt.
Osmocote helps it grow faster.
Marie

o

Thanks for your help Marie, I will keep it in the pot with the same soil and repot next spring using the soil you recomend. Ariana

o

Hi Ariana, as Marie says we are not sure what's under the stones in your pot, but bear in mind that stores are notorious for growing plants in the wrong type of mix, nurseries are usually better in this respect. So, if when you water, it runs out almost immediately or a very similar amount runs out of the pot from what you put into it, the compost should be OK. In other words, if it takes a while to run out, or a lot less does, then your mix is holding too much water and I would be inclined to use another mix. Search on here for the gritty mix thread for info. Hope this helps : )
Gill from the UK.

o

Thanks Gill and Marie, I repotted the plant today, I kept it in the same pot (until I can get a nice one) I will look up the gritty mix. Ariana

o

Hello I have another question on this plant. I placed it under my cover patio since April 13; it gets about 2 hours of direct morning sunlight. I have noticed that the leaves have red on them, not sure if this is due to sunlight or is this Adenium multiflorum? The only reason I want to know is because multiflorum need dormancy. Thanks for your help again. Ariana

o

Another picture

o

Last picture. Thanks again. Ariana

o
RE: Should I repot/one more question on this one

Please help me with plant I'd thanks Ariana

o

I have some that put out red tips that eventually go green. I'm guessing that's normal with some hybrid crosses. Perhaps someone can be of better help but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here