Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Time to show off our Adenium pictures!!!!

OK, guess I have to go first, haha!! Please everyone, post a picture of yours too as this will be a great way to start the forum going don't you think?

Links will soon be added to access this from other forums and a picture of someones stunning Adenium that has been my inspiration for some time will also grace the main page...wonder whose it will be?...I know!

Gill from the UK.

All my plants ahave been grown from seed, these are my four older Adenium obesums...they look huge but are 8inch max.

{{gwi:342477}}

{{gwi:342478}}

{{gwi:342480}}

{{gwi:342481}}

seedling Ad. obesums

{{gwi:342241}}

seedling Ad. arabicums

{{gwi:342240}}

Comments (159)

• gessieviolet
    9 years ago

The discovery of this forum will certainly be helpful, since I now have a source of reliable information to draw on as I grow out my seedlings.

These are 3 months old, but seem to be growing very well.

The quality of the photo is poor, but I wanted to show the growth I have achieved so far

This post was edited by gessieviolet on Tue, Nov 18, 14 at 8:07

• Tony606505
    9 years ago

This one were about 28 months old and until now no bloom yet.

• hookilau
    9 years ago

@ Tony:

Holy well visually balanced growth Batman!!
    =D

• WonderWeasel
    9 years ago

Wow, been a while since I've posted in this thread!

I finally got flowers last year, and now they won't quit blooming, even under my CFL fixture indoors! Here's a wide-angle shot of one from this spring on 35mm film, and a little mist for effect :)

• LPBridge
    9 years ago

In case y'all didn't see my update on the "Help! I'm spongy and I can't get up!" thread, here is my DR, back from the brink of death!

Lisa

PS Do you think it's possible to do something cooky with those extra long/leggy branches, like braid them around some means of support? I would hate to just lop them off unnecessarily!

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

They do, do braiding and such with them. This is not something I care for the look of, but them it is in the eye of the beholder.

Your plant is well on its way to looking like the one that is
    at the top of the main page of Adenium Page. I love that plant, so compact and mushroom like.

Glad to see how well it has done for you.
    Rick

• Pagan
    9 years ago

If this was my plant, I'd just cut and throw, Lisa, as a matter of personal preference, based on nothing but aesthetics. In adeniums, long and leggy branches are usually too weak to support the weight of heavy leaves and blooms. That said, they might not be flexible enough to wrap around, say, a post.

If you decide to try, I'd be interested to see how you'd do it.

Pagan

• Bob Davis
    8 years ago

I enjoyed looking at all the Adenium pictures! keep them coming! I have one 3 and a half inch Adenium Arabicum, 3 Adenium Obesums, and an Adenium Multiflorum along with another Adenium Arabicum coming from out-of-africa this week! My Obesums are still on some shipping shock they are new too but hopefully ill get a nice looking flush before they go dormant this winter and will be able to get them up to share. I also have some Black Pearl seeds on their way! Ill try to get pics up soon when I have them all together. *Newly obsessed Adenium and Plumeria person!

• bragu_DSM 5
    8 years ago

deju vu and welcome to you ...

• Sinha
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Great thread Gill, thanks for starting it...didn't know these members were in hiding! Now this thread has brought them out!

• Susie Erfurth
    8 years ago

Y'all have BEAUTIFUL adeniums! I bought 3 crappy looking plants from somebody on eBay and put them outside in early spring in containers. (I live near Louisville, KY). Apparently, they like the humidity, because over the summer they tripled in size. I know I need to bring them in when it starts to get cold. Do they go dormant, or will they still need sunlight? Help?

• Nicholas C.
    8 years ago

Wow, this is an old thread.

Susie, it's ok to let them go dormant, just be sure not to water them or at least not more than once a month when it goes dormant.

Some species you can keep from going dormant but we'll have to wait to confirm which ones. I'm almost certain that A. obesum doesn't require dormancy, so if you can keep it in strong enough light and warm it should be ok.

• Pagan
    8 years ago

I think this was the first ever post on this forum, Nick. I'm only guessing but I bet adeniums used to be in the C&S forum.

Anyway, Susie, it's impossible to tell which plant will do what on a specific winter. Most of them slow down, some of them drop their leaves and go completely dormant. If you keep reading through the archives, you'll probably end up with industrial grow lights and a heated chamber to keep them growing vigorously all through winter. That's stage 4 of this addiction.

Pagan

• Nicholas C.
    8 years ago

Stage 4 of the 12 step program? I think stage 5 is buying plants and not telling anyone. Or maybe sowing seeds after "your last batch, you swear" *cough*Tracy*cough*

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    8 years ago

Enjoying this thread.

Hello everyone!!

Socotranum blooming.

Kao Hin Zon

Have a great day!!

laura

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi Laura....is that Buddha Belly lazing by the pool? It looks very familiar!

Gill UK

• Marie Tran
    8 years ago

Wow, Laura, you have many beautiful plants/color.

That Buddha is getting very big.

Marie

8 years ago

Hi Gill!!!

You have a good eye for remembering "Buddha". Yes it's Sunning by the pool and has decided to give us a set of seed pods this year. The second picture is the beginning of Buddhas pods. They are getting ready to split sometime soon, so I covered them just in case I'm not home at the time..

I hope you are doing well and that you have had a wonderland summer! You are thought of over at the Plumeria forum and I know if Bill knew I was posting to you, he would want me to send his best as well!!! Here is one that just opened for me this morning. It a JL Lilikoi

Hi Marie!!!

i always think of you when I see my trees blooming and wondering how you are doing with this heat down in Texas!! It's been a really hot summer for us and I know the trees are loving it, but I'm suffering...lol!! ( only when it's over 95*)

Thank you so much for your kind comments. You are so sweet!!

Buddha is getting big and it's wanting to give out many seeds... I'll give them away when they are ready!! ;-)

Take good care,

Laura

• laticauda
    8 years ago

What a great thread. Glad it was brought back.

I'd love to post pictures of my Adenium, but she's still in bud. How long does this take, srzly. Lol. I'll be patient, it'll be worth it.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    8 years ago

Just an ordinary plant....

Before and after watering. Had a couple blooms earlier this year. Now it really needs a pruning....but I'm not sure if I'm even going to keep it.

• bronxfigs: New York City/7b
    7 years ago

Laura.....Love looking at your beautiful Adenium, and especially the way you present your plants. The staging is tops.

The solid red single with the creamy center is my favorite! What is it? Thanks for sharing.

Frank

7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Thank you Frank!!

its a red noid tree but it sure is a beauty.,. Of course you can have a piece... ;-)

i have the other purple symphony #8. That I can share as well? My yellow it's not big enough .. I'll help with your project. Haven't had a chance to send you a response from your Email .. But it sounds great

Laura

• puglvr1
    7 years ago

Hi Laura!!! LOVE your Desert Rose and Plumeria, thanks for the eye candy!!!!

Nice pictures everybody, beautiful pictures!

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

Just a few of my collection

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

• jedobaTX9b
    7 years ago

So many plants Ghen. I thought I had it bad!! Absolutely gorgeous flowers!

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

Thank you Jedoba, addiction is real lol.That's just half of my seedlings and no I don't own a nursery

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

• jedobaTX9b
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

With my latest seedlings, I'm somewhere around 155. A quick estimate of yours puts it near 1000.

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

Then one in the pots is around 1,000 I have about 700 or more that's still need to be repot.

• jedobaTX9b
    7 years ago

WOW!!

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

new babies

• Marie Tran
    7 years ago

Glen, your second full time job.....soon..

Wow...so many.

Marie

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

Sooner Marie I will need to sell some, but au want to see how all the flower looks like first, I have supposed to be one variety of 15 seeds from Ko,9 germinate,three of them already flowered and with all surprised they are all different kind of flower

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hello Ghen/Glen? You certainly have got the knack of this Adenium germination with all those seedlngs!

Where are you situated please, maybe if you could add some location info after your user name that would help us if you need any advise? You can do this via your homepage. It also makes it interesting for everyone to instantly see where you are from, and we often forget where everyone is! :-) Good luck with the next stage in your seed factory!

Gill

• MsGhen's_Garden
    7 years ago

Hi Gill,sorry I should have done that earlier,I'm from Australia.

Ms.Ghen

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Ha...well we got that one wrong didn't we? Think we have you down as Glen somewhere...oops! We have a few from your country as Christine and Dianne are from Australia and post on here. If you want to add some more location info that would be good.

Gill

Edit. ah, your name has just altered while I'm posting! Just need that country, state or zone!

• yovan mcgregor
    7 years ago

one of my regular pink desert rose

• yovan mcgregor
    7 years ago

should i do anything to this desert rose

• yovan mcgregor
    7 years ago

i have 4 of desert roses in one container i don't know why

• yovan mcgregor
    7 years ago

should i and what to do to this adeniums

• yovan mcgregor
    7 years ago

four together in one bucket

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hello Yovan, best to start a new thread if you want to ask specific questions regarding your plants, that way, you will get more attention and answers than you will by tagging it onto a thread with another subject line. Plus this thread is old as I started it when the forum had just begun. It now has many posts so takes an age to load on some devices. Just go to the main Adenium page and commence a new thread with an appropriate title that catches people's eye and you will get some replies....have a go! :-) also, please add some location info after your name, that will help give better advise as we then have an idea of your climate/conditions.

Gill

• yovan mcgregor
    7 years ago

greenclaws UKzone8a I am so sorry i did not know, Thank you very very much , I will try my best but i can see it will take me practice. Best wishes

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES