Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Time to show off our Adenium pictures!!!!

Posted by greenclaws UKzone8a (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 15:04

OK, guess I have to go first, haha!! Please everyone, post a picture of yours too as this will be a great way to start the forum going don't you think?
Links will soon be added to access this from other forums and a picture of someones stunning Adenium that has been my inspiration for some time will also grace the main page...wonder whose it will be?...I know!
Gill from the UK.

All my plants ahave been grown from seed, these are my four older Adenium obesums...they look huge but are 8inch max.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

seedling Ad. obesums
Photobucket

seedling Ad. arabicums
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Time to show off our Adenium pictures!!!!

Okay Gill, am I next in line? Here are my 5 newest babies to my desert rose collection that I get this month. They are new shipment, no leaves and no roots yet. I keep them in the shade with root estimulator weekly, until more leaves, no Osmocote and Miracle gro. Full sun later when big leaves come out.

Marie
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Excellent collections, Gill and Marie!

Josh

o

Awesome plants you guys!!

Here's mine taken at different times...

I only have one Large one...these were taken at different times. Thanks for looking!!
. Taken 2-3 years ago

Last year...

Took this a few days ago...

o

puglvr1, that is an awesome plant!

o

Hi Pug, good to see my all time favourite Adenium is still going strong!!! wink-wink!!
This is going to be a great forum, I'm sure we will all be learning more from it as it hopefully attracts new posters to share their experience with us.
I will be spending even more time glued to the lap-top drooling over these plants now, haha!
Gill from the UK.

o

One of mine back in Florida-

And the very first seed pod it produced way back in '97!

I brought it with me to Kentucky where it is currently crammed in a grow room (with orchids I shouldn't have brought either) waiting for summer :)

o

Marie, those look very promising in your capable hands as usual! How many do you have now? You are so lucky being able to grow them outside, mine are all housebound, lol!

Cearbhaill, hello there! Your plant is lovely...and big too. Looks like you have a Spindle palm and a Bismarkia in the garden also, now there's 2 palms that I would also like to be able to get to survive here...sadly, all my palms varieties are greenhousebound! How I wish I lived in warmer climes.
Gill from the UK.

o

Gill, a normal person don't have almost 80 pots (big and small) but I am an exception. I have to admit that I am totally addicted to desert rose. I also have about 33 pots crown of thorns plants. (I am still collecting more colors). Each winter I lost a few. I now have about 18 pots with double and triple colors. I grafted 8 and 7 out of 8 took last year. So I am waiting for the blooming season to come and will be big time grafting this year. Will let you post. Thank you for the nice comment.
marie

o

This is my first DR... ever. Just got her, and I love her. Would like to repot, but haven't really put in the time to learn about them like I have plumeria. Glad to have this forum so I can learn all about them-- watering, fertilizing, etc. They are just funky and awesome, love em!

Photobucket

o

OK, since Gill had to jump through hoops with fire to get this show on the road, I guess I can share my tiny Adenium with all of you. Some of these are just super duper! Now, don't anyone laugh... it's my first Adenium and it just started to put out some leaves and a flower! I since have acquired two others; A. crispum and A. somalense.

Adenium obesum

o

Such great plants in here... inspiration really.

Here's my first and only adenium (plus some 1 week < seedlings) Taken Yesterday, 4/19/12

o

Great pictures everybody!! Thanks for the nice comments as well.

Let's see MORE!!

o

wow lovely pictures :) mine are tiny seedlings compared to these haha, I will take pics and post them in the next couple of days :)

o

Looking good folks, I really like the roots on yours Howard, and yours too ProudMSD!
Adamkaz, your plant is already pushing those leaves out a lot more than your pic of a few days ago. It will look great in a few weeks time, lovely and bushy, and maybe flowering as well.
Marie, I knew you had a lot, but I didn't honestly think you had that many!!!! Wow, they must take an age to water and tend, but worth it as I've seen your plants and they are awesome.
Gill from the UK.

o

So glad to see the site up and running. My one and only adenium is not much to look at compared to the ones on here but it does something funny, It changes color each time it blooms. It was a med. pink the first time it bloomed with 4 large blooms. The next time it was more peach and more smaller blooms. This spring it was hot pink. Anyone else had this happen?
Marie - Where do you get the muti-grafted ones? They will be beauties when they bloom. I've never seen anything like that. Peg
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Hi there Peg and welcome from us all!
That's some real colour difference your plant is showing there, I knew Plumerias did that to some extent, but had no idea it happened with DR's also. I have yet to get my plants to flower, so I would welcome a bloom of any coulour!!
Gill from the UK.

o

Hello Everyone!!

Here are some of my pictures..

Photobucket
Photobucket
DR with the seed pod opening..
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am looking forward to seeing some new blooms this season..The temps here in Virginia Beach are finally starting warm up and stay on the normal average. Last week the temps were going crazy with highs and then droping at night into the low 40's. All of my trees were so confused. Hopefully now we will see steady warmer temps.

Nice to see you all and thank you again Gill for taking your time and starting this forum!!!

Looks like we will have a great group of people !!

Take care,

Laura

o

Here are some of the Adeniums I started from seeds last year. The largest one that was gifted to me died due to my own mistake so hopefully I won't kill these in the future.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry... I'm not sure why some pictures are huge and some are small. I resized them the same way in the photo album.

Kuan

o

Hi Peg, that is so neat how your adenium changes colors when it blooms...sure is pretty!

AWESOME plants Laura and Kuan!!

Laura, you have quite a collection...just amazing! I just love that second to the last picture (it looks like a person with its legs crossed)!! Too cute!! You have some really cool looking caudexs'

Thanks for sharing!!

o

Thanks everyone for strutting their stuff - I know I have some work to do, I just didn't realize how much it's going to take to get mine looking as good as yours.

Photobucket

Kuan,

It depends on whether you select the thumbnail code

Photobucket

or the regular (full) - size code

DSC05193

o

• Posted by whip1 z5 ne Ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 13:07

Beautiful plants all! Here's my one and only.

Photobucket

o

Everyone's plants look great. Puglver that is one impressive looking adenium! Laura the caudexes on your plants have such great shapes. Gill remember when we started those first seeds? Yours look better then mine. I pretty much neglected them for a few years and need to do some pruning. I wait for blooms to see if I want to keep them and by then most are leggy and nasty looking. Marie I just potted up the ones you sent. I didn't realize how big they were and had to exchange the first pots I bought for them.

o

Some good looking plants on here folks!
Yes Karyn, I, and they, have been through hell and high water to get my plants to this stage and have tended them like a mother hen does her chicks, lol! For their age, compared to everyone elses, I guess they are on the small size. All I need now are some of those elusive buds!
Gill from the UK.

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 13:42

Ok, Ok enough is enough!!! First all you enablers got me hooked on plumeria now these. I gotta find a new place to hang out, LOL

What a wonderful group of plants. I seriously have to get one/some now. Im mean I have always thought about getting one and then when I saw Pugs I was like, yep sign me up.

Mike

o

Beautiful plants guys! I'm particularly impressed with those of you who've grown plants from seeds. I'm on my third year with some plumie seedlings from my Kimo plumie but haven't tried my hand with DR seeds yet. I have propogated a cutting from my DR, but I understand that a cutting will not develop a caudex like a plant from seed. Oh well, as long as I get flowers some day! Here's mine from last summer, along with the rooted cutting.

Kevin

o

Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 17:24

I remember seeing someone had some DR's here locally but I cant remember who or what time of year it was. Im pretty sure it was Lowes or Home Depot had them by the succulents. I went by both and one of my favorite nurseries that carries plumeria and no one had them. It might just be too early. Plumeria dont usually show up here until late May I was in a hurry so I didnt ask anyone either, Ok so I just dont like to ask but thats a whole other issue, LOL.

Mike

o

Beautiful Pictures All!! I am inspired! I bought my first three a couple weeks ago and posted another post with transplant questions! The guy I bought the three 1 year olds from said I should see blooms this year so I hope I at least see if they turn out the colors I think I bought. I will put some pics up in a couple days of my babies in their new pots.

o

Kevin, your DR is looking great. Cutting is for fun and you can use it for grafting to get experience some day.
Marie

o

Thanks Karyn, Mike and Tina!!

Kevin, that's a really pretty and full DR, next time you can probably raise the cuadex a few inches to show it off.

Whip, your DR has great potential, nice!

Cactusmharris, nice adeniums. Nice to see you on this side of the forum.

Mikesmth, I actually purchased mine at Home depot. Lowe's and Walmart sells them also, but I'm sure you're right that they are seasonal in your area. I would check them in the next few weeks. You definitely need at least one :o)

o

Here's a few that aren't much to look at yet but should be beautiful when they fill in and bloom. The first 2 are doubles from Marie and the 3rd has a variegated foliage.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The foliage from last year, no blooms yet but probably single pink. I like almost anything with variegated foliage.
Photobucket

o

Hello and welcome Mike, yes DR's are addictive btw! I find them fascinating even when not in bloom....which mine always are, sadly, as I have yet to get to that stage. I hope you get fixed up with a plant...or two...or three.

Kevin, hi there...I remember you from the Plumeria forum. Nice to see you here and with your lovely plant too. Mine are all seed grown as I've only ever seen one 12inch high plant here in the UK and it way way out of my budget. As you no doubt already know, your plant from the rooted cutting will be an exact replica of the mother plant. It may well not develop a fat caudex being from a cutting as you rightly point out, as generally only seed grown plants or grafted ones have this feature...maybe your big plant is grafted?
Another useful fact that not everyone may be aware of is that Adeniums don't come true from seed so even named batches of seeds rarely produce plants that go on to flower like the illustrations on the packets.

Hello Tina, nice to have another DR addict on here, will look forward to seeing your pics soon.

Karyn, I like your pots (and plants!) they should look really nice when filled out as you say, especially in those Oriental type pots you have used. Have never seen a pic of a variegated DR, how unusual...does it flower, if so what colour?

Not sure if I've said 'Hi and thanks to everyone who has posted so far'...but it goes without saying!!
Gill from the UK.

o

Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 16:08

Well I finally found one here at a Homedepot. sadly I dont think it will come home with me.

Im not a tight wad but I dont care to pay this much for one that is a NOID and so small. I guess I would be paying for the pot more than the DR. i did however break up the stones a bit so it can get some water. I know bad mike, but hey at least the plant might live a bit longer. The others in the pic are some type of Ficus. Ill keep looking

Mike

o

Mmmmmh, that equates to about 15.50GBP in my money, so I too would not have been prepared to pay that much. As you say, it looks like the pot and saucer combo was the greater part of that 'deal'. Good for you on breaking up those glued together stones, why do they do it? I see it here in the UK also and find it really annoying. On looking closely, it seems to be potted into another terra-cotta coloured plastic pot inside that outer one?
Gill from the UK.

o

Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 17:20

Hey Gill

I have no idea why they do that. I guess they think it makes it "bonsai". I bet youre right, it probably is double potted. That gives me an Idea.

mike

o

Mike, my guess is you're off to the store to ask for a price.....minus the glazed pot and saucer?? Nice one!!
Gill from the UK.

o

Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 18:03

Gill

great minds think alike! lol

Mike

o

Let us know how you get on eh? Make them a silly offer, you can always go higher...that pot/saucer MUST be worth $20 of anyones money!! lol!! Good luck!
Gill from the UK.

o

Mike I just pruned a few adeniums and have some decent size cuttings. They're not difficult to root. I'm happy to send you a couple. I don't think that cuttings will develop an enlarged caudex but they will bloom. Only seed grown plants will get an enlarged caudex. That's why they're used as rootstock for grafting. I realize the attraction of an adenium is mainly the caudex, at least for me it is, but the flowers are pretty and it's an attractive plant.

o

Nice DR's Karyn!! Like you said...soon you'll see some pretty blooms.

Mike, I wouldn't have paid that much for that DR either, I'm sure if this one doesn't work out you will find one soon. I've seen them at Wally world too for around $13-$15 for about a gallon size I think? I'm sure that one at HD cost so much like you said you're paying for the 'bonsai' pot and style. (yes, very pretty but not worth that much $$$,lol)
Good luck! Please post once you buy one.

o

Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 17:38

Karyn

Thats is a wonderful offer. I may have to take you up on that. Does one treat a cutting similar to a plumeria cutting? Ive never rootrd them so It would be my first try. From what I read its pretty easy. I will eventually get a seedling for the caudex but the flowers are so nice too. Ill send you an email and work out compensation.

Thanks
Mike

o

Hello Everyone!!!

It is so nice to see everyone here!!!

Nancy & Karyn...Thank you!! The Caudex on the one that looks like they are crossing their legs.. You are so right!! : ) Then the other that looks like a gal's Backside... lol..is growing wider... I will have to take a new pic and show how "she" is getting wider in her old age.. : )

Love all of the doubles Marie...So beautiful!!!

Mike. nice to see you here.. I can find them at my local box stores for around $6.00 If you want me to pick up one for you and send it..just let me know..Always glaad to help another Plumie/DR addict!!!

Kevin..nice to see you too!

Karyn.. I cant wait to see your doubles.. They look beautiful already!!! I know you are happy with them !!

Have a good night all..

Laura

o

This is my first ever DR. And I have to say, who knew a plant could capture your heart??

Photobucket

o

Juniperbrea, congrats on your first DR, you are going to get hook soon.
It is looking very healthy.
Marie

o

Thanks, Marie! I totally already am! My husband and I repotted my little DR today, and it looks so happy in its new medium!! Asked all over town today if anyone carried them, and the answer was mostly blank stares... I received this one from a church function, they were giving away the plants purchased for a big event, so I have no idea where it came from...

o

Two of my adeniums;
red with very narrow pubescent leaves

and this one was white when I got it last year, not any more ;)

Aggie

o

And one more, my first DR, caudex is now about 7in in diameter. Don't mind pink flowers, love them all!

Aggie

o

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 15:43

Laura Thanks for that offer.

Well I broke down and got the one at Homedepot. Whoo Hoo!!

You were right Gill, it was double potted so I just switched it to a cheaper pot,Shhh dont tell anyone LOL. Got it for $13 after tax, I just dont know what color it will be so that is exciting.

At the base it is 2 inches across about 12 inches tall. What size pot should I start it out in?

Mike

o

Hello Mike, congrats on the new purchase, I hope it does well for you. As for the size of pot, I'm not the best one to answer that as I've just made a mistake and underpotted mine and have to do a re-pot again!! I would think the diameter of the one it's in now is as big as I would go given the size of the caudex, whether it needs to be deeper??...I would think so as I was told a shallow pot slows down caudex growth in general. Hopefully someone else will come in and help...if not can I suggest you do a separate post with the picure as you should get better opinions that way. I have found one way of stopping one of my plants from rocketing skywards with what was going to be a skinny base was to pinch out the leading shoot...maybe a branch pruning would help push out more branch buds and help fatten its bottom? Just a thought. If you do re-pot, a similar mix as for plumeria will be fine, just as long as it's very fast draining and not water retentive.
Gill from the UK.

o

Aggie, I love your DR colors. The beautiful pink with thin leaves is very very unique. I love that harder to find pink. The white one with little pink is pretty too. The regular pink is very big and looks so fresh.
You are in zone 10 for your benefic. All my DR are now forming buds.
Marie

o

• Posted by nativec z9b Beaumont,CA (My Page) on
    Wed, May 2, 12 at 22:48

Everyone has such lovely plants! A feast for the eyes:). Marie can you tell me your source for your adeniums? What great caudexes!

o

Last year, I wanted to try my hand at Bonsai, so I looked around the 'net and in various books for species of proper Bonsai material. I kept running across pictures of the Desert Rose.

The flowers were gorgeous, but what caught and held my attention was what the plant looked like at ground level.

Swollen, crooked roots peeked out from under the plant's engorged caudex like legs tucked under a meditating Buddha.
It reminded me of the trees that cohabited The Fireswamp with the R.O.U.S. in The Princess Bride. I had to try my hand at growing one of these morbidly obese succulents.

Anyway, long story short, I scoured the trade lists until I found someone willing to part with a few precious seeds, and planted my first Desert Rose in March of 2011. I've received numerous seeds in trades since then, and start new ones every time I get them in the mail now. So far, my collection is quite small (in stature), but I try to make up for it in quantity :) These are the fruits of my labor:

100_3998
My first DR just emerging from dormancy; Started from seed 3/2011 (Pic taken 5/2/12).

100_3988
Close-up of the trunk on my first DR (Pic taken 5/2/12).

100_4003
My second (and much larger) crop of DRs; Seed started 11/2012 (Pic taken 5/2/12).

100_3954
The newborns; Seed started 3/14/12 (Pic taken 5/2/12).

o

Wonderweasel, your collection is growing and you will get addict just like us. They are looking healthy and cute.
Marie

o

Fri, May 4, 12 at 10:48

well i re potted mine. I used standard MG and added perlite to make the mix about 50/50. Hope thats ok. Its what I had on hand and didnt want to buy a big bag of my go to mix just for a small pot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mike

o

Mike, your repot DR looks great. Your mix was good mix and you raised the caudex a little too. Great job.
Marie

o

Mike--

That's the mix I'm using, too! My DRs have thrived in it so far, and it drains really well. I added a little sand into my "big" (comparatively speaking) plant's soil, but I don't think it made much of a difference.

o

WWeasel, please don't use too much sand in your Adenium mix as it's fine particles clog up any air spaces/it can stay wet too long/is cold when wet. Roots can drown if it's used in excess. If it's a 'sharp' sand i.e. one with larger pieces of mineral in it, that would be 'marginally-slightly' better, but given a choice, I would strongly advise everyone to avoid any grade of sand in their mix the particles are just too fine at <2mm. Grit/gravel are both another animals entirely and are OK. Hope this helps, and it's just a bit of friendly advise :)
Gill from the UK

o

Hey greenclaws--

Don't worry; The sand I added was "Very Coarse" grade (1-2mm), and the drainage was not affected. It's about the same size as the perlite I added. Thanks for the heads-up, though; The rest of them will be potted in a straight 1:1 perlite/MG potting mix mixture!

--Jordan

o

Mon, May 14, 12 at 8:27

YOU ALL ARE ENABLERS!!! LOL.

Well Im pleased to show you what I picked up over the weekend at Walmart for $14 each. The one with flowers I gave to my mothers for mothers day. The other one I liked because it has good branches and the cadeux looks like a hand grabbing the soil. They had about 2 dozen and some had some pretty cool cadeux's. I need to stay away from that store for awhile.

Take Care
Mike

o

Well here are my adeniums, the seeds were planted in July 2010 in conditions which were not ideal. They have not grown very big this may be due to not enough light/heat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the first pic the leaves are going yellow and I don't know why

I have planted 5 seeds today obesum 'big red' and put them under a grow light so hopefully they will grow better.

o

Mike, did you look and see if they have any grafted DR. My girlfriend bought 1 at Walmart and she was very lucky, her grafted DR with double flowers.
I noted the Walmart by my house had 7 DR yesterday and 3 out of 7 were grafted. I didn't get any because I had more than enough already. Those caudexes were big for the price.

Nikki, I had 5 that I planted last year and still very small compare the all the other that I sow at the same time.
Marie

o

Mon, May 14, 12 at 16:27

Marie

No i didnt, but im not sure if i would no for sure if they were or not. I guess you pulled my arm enough to go back and check HAHA.

Mike

o

Hi Nikki, great to see you here with your pics.
What a set of coincidences here....Firstly, my seedlings from last year are rather on the small side and seem reluctant to get going. Secondly, just like you I have one that is yellowing! It's an arabicum, and the biggest of the 3 I have grown and I've noticed another set of leaves is looking decidely off colour and are not as 'fleshy' as they were....and finally I too planted more DR seeds today so we now have a race on! Who will get one to germinate first I wonder? Weather here was lovely today, bright sun but cool wind, come teatime we had black clouds and horrendous rain...it's no wonder our plants suffer as it's 6C at the moment :o(
Hobbit is putting on new growth btw, hope the Cannas are also :o)
Gill from the UK.

o

Hi Gill I lost one of the Cannas I don't know why, I have kept them in for now.

The seeds I planted today I bought on ebay from Thailand 2 years ago so I will be surprised if they germinate haha

Cold miserable and raining here today .. wonder when summer will appear. Glad to hear your hobbit is doing well :-))

Nikki

o

Great photos everyone. Here is one of my seedings that germinated in May 2011. This is the 3rd "bloom spurt" for it.

o

Nikki, I love your fat DRs! After seeing all these seed grown plants want my own adenium babies! :)

o

pugs for sure is the money shot :)...georgous!!!

o

irun5k - One year old from seed and already flowered three times. Very impressed.

This is my very first adenium. I got it from Ebay last year.
Photobucket
Also bought 2 from local grower. One was killed due to rotted over the winter.
Photobucket

and some seedlings started last year.
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Irun5k, how fortunate you are to be able to get seedlings to that size AND flowering in one year from sowing, and what a lovely plant too. Looks like you have even more in the background.

....and jlgarden, I really do like the colour of the flowers on your Ebay purchase. The 2 big plants look really healthy, and now you have all those little ones too to grow on and enjoy.

Thanks both of you for posting your pics.
Gill from the UK.

o

Jlgarden, your Dannon pots look so cute, inexpensive but very good idea. Your red DR is beautiful, bright red.....
Marie

o

Well mine is starting to bloom!! its nothing special but I like it.

Have a good day/evening
Mike

o

All the baby adeniums make me smile, they're so cute.

Puglvr1's plant is amazing, and I love Aggie2's pink-tinged white flowers.

o

Hey All,

Here's the only one that I have - started from seed almost 2 years ago after seeing some impressive pictures of what it can be.

Right now it's about 11" tall and working on loosing its "indoor" leaves (I've kept it going under lights during winter), but never knew when - or how tall - to prune it. Kinda been holding off to see it bloom, but I'm thinking about pruning it at about the 6" mark and going from there.

o

Even though my Big Red is still recovering from shipping shock, with her holding onto a pitiful 9 leaves (hey, at least ALL of them didn't drop, right?!) she managed to give me this, and I think another one coming soon:

Photobucket

She is SO a keeper :)

o

April 2013 My 1st desert rose from lowes and couple days into weeks later leaves fell off. Shock from the store to my dry aired house was to much so I cut it back hard and was so worried. The next set of picks will show the update

Baltimore MD house plants

o

The resurrection of my 1st desert rose June 2013!! And I also ordered some seeds May 24,2013 which are lotus and supermoon from Florida based online site Top Tropics. So these seeds were easy to germinate indoors under grow lights. Laid them on top of moist houseplant soil, sprayed them to keep moist, then they grew, and I'll be potting them soon. I use a mix of bonsai soil, logees light soil (very very small amount), perlite, and orchid bark. Then top dress w/decorative stones but the mix is super fast draining. Indoors the full size desert rose is in my cactus room where all plants in front part of my house Gets full morning sun & reflected afternoon due to sun being in the back Spring/Summer. AC set 75 degrees all day so I was happy all my plants learned to adjust to this dry air indoors and from our move to this new townhouse we had built. The seedlings are still in my grow room under lights, that'll change soon, and I purchased another desert rose which is in the back part (southern window) in kitchen window next to my orange jasmine plant on the sill. This came from the online store same day as the seeds I purchased and was bareroot. I'll post pics later

o
RE: TimLe to show off our Adenium pictures!!!!

Lilce, it is great looking plant now. I hope it gives you plenty of bloom soon.
Marie

o

My newest white angel which was bareroot from online purchase and so happy it's showing new growth but stays here in the window. Had this since 5/24/13 as well

Thanks Marie I hope so too!!

o

I had never seen a desert rose until this forum a month or two ago, but had to have one. Couldn't find any so my friend who works at a plant nursery ordered me two little baby ones. I'm hoping to not kill them but they seem sturdy enough.

o

Disneyhorse, they are fat baby ones....good pots for them.
Keep us post.
Marie

o

I want one!!!!! anyone willing to trade take a look at my page and send me an email. im new and I would like to grow some of these beauties

o

Here is my new collection last weekend, can't wait to see her bloom. Anyone know what type of adenium are these. I am new to this plant and amaze with her structure and pretty flower.

o

Here is the smaller pot.

o

Very healthy and fat stem.

o

More photo to enjoy. Hope to be able to care well for it.

Tim

o

Hi there Timtong. The large plant looks very much like one of the black skinned arabicum varieties maybe? The shape is similar to their growth style... wide spreading base with long, slim branches sprouting from the top area. The skin looks dark as in Ad. arabicum 'Black Pear'l for e.g. or another similar type...or is it just the light in the pic maybe? The smaller one looks like a regular Ad. obesum from what I can see. Both very nice anyway.... especially the big one.
Gill UK.

o

I have an A. arabicum Black Peark seedling--it's about 7 months old and an inch tall lol

How old might that plant be, Timtong? Just so I can dream with some benchmark in mind.

Pagan

o

Thanks Gill. The skin is dark. Most of the time, I see dry brown caduex like the smaller one. But when I walk past the florist shop, this one caught my eyes immediately. My wife also likes it.

Pagan, The owner told me this one is about 20 years old. Not sure whether this is true. We are glad to have this beauty seating at my balcony.

o

My adenium bloom.

o

My 3rd of adenium. Nice healthy caudex.

o

Wow! Love it! Is it a multi graft? I see a white with pink edges and then I see a solid pink down through the throat.

Kirk

o

A closer look at the body.

o

Thanks Kirk. More photo to enjoy.

o

Nice body.

o

Wow! What a bunch of beautiful plant! I have a handful of adenium that are doing just fine after a rather rough winter. What I'm most concerned with now are seedlings that I've grown from a pachypodium that are from 3-4 inches high, and I'm not sure what to do with them next. I suspect it is much too hot to be outdoors right now but our home is not flooded with light. The plant from where the seeds came from has a caudex just like my adenium. Now I'll have to post some photos to get some advice I guess!

o

A grafted plant about 2 year old

o

Adenium about 5 year old surrounded by new generation of seedlings.

o

Close up of previous image

o

Hi Gill
What a grand job you do getting us all together to show off our exotic Adeniums in all there glory.
I think reading all the comments we are all proud in what we achieve . with our seedlings,cuttings and grafts.
Regards John thailand

o

Hi. I am new to the plant. Planted some seads last year. Can anyone help me ? Trying to develope the caudex to a respectable width. Any technic? Would appreciate any advice. Hagit.

o

John,

Your adenium photos are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

Hagit,

How old are your plants. If they get enough sunlight they should put girth on the caudes on their own with no real assistance from you.

o

Hello Hagit and a warm welcome.
Could I suggest that you start a brand new thread so you can ask your question about growing seeds and fat caudex plants again? That way I am certain you will get lots of advise. By adding a question onto another thread that is dealing with a different subject may not give you the info you are looking for, especially on a thread such as this with 100 posts that take a while to load up. Just a friendly suggestion which I hope helps you out. So please do post your question again separately for us to reply to :) Some pictures of your youngsters would also help.

Gill UK.

o

Hi all, thanks for the great postings and lovely blooms. Not to miss out the fun, glad to share one of my collections too.

o

Well we still have about a month of summer left and got plenty of rain for a change. My 8 plants have been outside the whole time and seem to be thriving. This is the group shot followed by each level as I placed them on the shelves. Normally they are scattered around the backyard.

o

First shelf.

o

Second shelf.

o

Last but not least, third shelf.

o

Koi3300...
That is such a soft pink bloom. Lovely!
Seax88...
Great group of healthy looking Adeniums you have there.
I only own one.. got to work on the wife to get more, or sneak a couple in somehow :)

o

Hey yall 😉. Couldn't resist adding to the collection with one if my own. My 1st DR. She's 8 yrs old now & in a large clay pot. I cut it back hard last fall & this is the result. I love these plants & just started 100 seedlings. Wish me luck!

Michele

o

This is the plant that started my fascination with adenium.

I had no idea how to care for this plant, and now know I did everything wrong, yet it survived for 3 years!

When I started trying to find reliable info I had no success but did find sources for seeds and ordered a few. Now have 12 seedling plants growing beautifully.

o

The discovery of this forum will certainly be helpful, since I now have a source of reliable information to draw on as I grow out my seedlings.

These are 3 months old, but seem to be growing very well.

The quality of the photo is poor, but I wanted to show the growth I have achieved so far

This post was edited by gessieviolet on Tue, Nov 18, 14 at 8:07

o

This one were about 28 months old and until now no bloom yet.

o

@ Tony:

Holy well visually balanced growth Batman!!
=D

o

Wow, been a while since I've posted in this thread!

I finally got flowers last year, and now they won't quit blooming, even under my CFL fixture indoors! Here's a wide-angle shot of one from this spring on 35mm film, and a little mist for effect :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here