Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hand pollination

Posted by roma0904 none (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 22:37

Hi,
Does anyone has tried hand pollination? I saw a video on YouTube where a lady was doing hand pollination on some adenium and showing how, the funniest thing came when she said, this has never work, but I will keep on trying : ).
in four years I ve only had 2 pods and one of them its seeds were not fully developed and the first one I didn't know anything so only six of the seedlings survived

Roberto

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hand pollination

When I visited the Living Stones nursery in Tucson, the owner (one of the author's of Adenium: Sculptural Elegance, Floral Extravagance), said he has used cat whiskers or boar's hair. That is the extent of my knowledge, however. :) Good luck!

Laurie

o

Laurie,
Cat's whiskers or boar's hair? But how? I have the book and I have read it, but not how you supost to read a book I read something in the middle then something at the end then something at the beginning and haven't seen anything, whiskers easy but boar's hair??? Hey Mr. Boar can I have a hair???
Thanks Laurie, will try to find something on the web

o

I know! Sorry! I did not find anything specific in the book. Here is the e-mail on their website: boscoe@lithops .com
They were very nice and very informative. Maybe they can help you?

Laurie

o

Thanks Laurie

I will try to find something, I dont know if in other areas you get more seed pods than here, maybe other insects we don't have here do better job on pollination
Thanks again Laurie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here