Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

Hassadee Red adenium

Marie Tran
10 years ago

We have very weird weather this year. Most of my pots still bare. I hard prune them in Feb before I went on Australia trip, when I got back so many branches got rot, especially my biggest pot. I cut them again for second time, and again many branches now waiting to be cut, but it rains so much I am afraid to do so.
This is new from Joseph that I got 2 months ago.
I will go there again tomorrow 5-4-13 not for DR but for other stuff, any body want DR from Joseph PM me. Small one like this one only cost $12.99

I took these pictures last night and this morning with and without flash.
{{gwi:343544}}

{{gwi:343546}}

{{gwi:343548}}

{{gwi:343549}}

{{gwi:343550}}

{{gwi:343551}}

Marie

Comments (14)

• Pagan
    10 years ago

That is a glorious shade of red, Marie. Is the flower hefty? Is that why the branches are tethered to each other? I've never seen an adenium flower live and in person.

(totally out of topic: Flash bulbs are a pain to use, I'd opt for a tripod anytime, even if I have to carry it around.)

Pagan

This post was edited by fakechuchi on Fri, May 3, 13 at 9:05

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Marie,
    That is a gorgeous flower. The color and shape of bloom is perfect.
    Wish I could take you up on plants from Joseph. Does he have a lot of plants? Obviously very nice ones.
    Sorry to hear of the weather causing issues for you. Sounds as if these odd weather patterns are world wide.
    It has been quite beautiful here lately, but the night temps. need to warm up and now they are calling for it to be 84F on weekend which for first week of May is uncommon.

Love seeing your plants,
    Rick

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Marie, what a perfectly shaped and colored flower!! I'm always amazed that a small plant like that can have such large beautiful blooms!

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

That's a beautiful Hassadee Red! I think yours looks better than mine. Wish I could go to Joseph's tomorrow but my trip to my sister's wiped me out for a bit. Joseph's has a kaffir lime tree I have my eye on as well as more adeniums.

This gardenweb forum (and a few others) have awoken the gardening beast in me! LOL

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all.
    Pagan, the plant is small and 2 tiny branches were far apart, I want it to go straight, so I used tiny wire to hold them up.

Rick, Joseph is big nursery and you can get hook just like Kirk.

Kirk, I want to go to Joseph tomorrow, because I know they will have beautiful stuff. Reason? Mother's day is coming up and all pretty plants save up for this special day.

Off topic: Happy Mother's Day to every mother out there. That is including me.....hihihi...

Marie

• MyLan153
    10 years ago

Very pretty red adenium flowers, I love it so much. Wish I could be there for this Hassadee Red. Lucky you to have Joseph nursery in your area, is it the Joseph Doan nursery?
    MyLan

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Mylan, No, it is Joseph Mai.

This post was edited by ltran54 on Fri, May 3, 13 at 15:24

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    10 years ago

Lovely flower there Marie, and another of your famous pots also!
    Gill UK

• Pagan
    10 years ago

Thanks, Marie. I have an adenium that looks exactly like that and if it ever blooms, I wonder if the branch can support the weight.

Pagan

• ladylotus
    10 years ago

Marie, your Hassadee Red is so beautiful. The flower looks perfect and your photography is really fantastic. You've captured the bloom perfectly. Good luck with your little plant.

• Aggie2
    10 years ago

Marie, such a great flower! Congrats!
    Wish we had DRs at the nurseries down here! I would request one with double flowers for Mothers day!
    Weather is crazy everywhere, in Miami as well! We had short bloom in mangoes at the right time with few fruits set and now, 2 month later most are booming again! And it rained whole week with flooding, in May it's very unusual.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

Aggie2,
    I do not know Florida that well and I am assuming that is where you are from?
    Bruce McKee, from Lucky Sumo Nursery has a large selection as well as Durham Botanicals (Chris Durham) Greenemann@earthlink.net
    Both are very helpful and extremely knowledgeable.
    If I lived there I would be out every weekend.
    Hope your weather settles to norm.
    Rick

• Aggie2
    10 years ago

Rick,

I live in Miami, and wish I could visit both of them, and pick plants! DRs have so much character that I need to see what I'm getting, online ordering is not my preffered way of getting Adeniums.
    Unfortunately Lucky sumo website is down or not active and Durham offers 11 adeniums on their site (one with flower picture) and no info about nursery itself...:(

Aggie

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Gill, Ladylotus, and Aggie.
    Aggie, I hope you get one for mother's day.
    Adeniumrose.com also in Florida.

Marie

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths