Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found at Lowe's :-)

Posted by MikeO55 9 San Tan AZ (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 14 at 11:01

Look what I found at my local Lowe's store.
Should I change the pots, if so what size? Or can I keep them in the nursery pots for a while? Summer and 110 degree days are coming...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found at Lowe's :-)

Mike,
Nice finding, the ones on my local lowes are not as big and not well taken care either, 110 f only? Im waiting the 115s soon, I use bigger pots, the more soil surrounding the root the longer it takes the heat to reach the the roots and at those temperatures (above 105f ) I water them every other day, with good drainage soil of course, with good results, and above 108f I give them a little rest from the sun around from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. because if not, the leaves start to burn.
Here is one of my older ones ( another opportunity to show off ;)

Roberto

o

Beautiful plants. I'm jealous as usual

o

Thanks Roberto,

Nice plants there, I think they are in 8” pots right now, I will use maybe a 10” to repot them.
I have a part of my patio covered by sun shade, it gets bright light but not the direct summer Sun, you think they will be OK there?

Michael

o

Why can I never find anything like that at my Lowe's? Jealous too.

o

Averil,
You should move south

Mike,
The more sunlight the more grow rate and the most important more blooms, you should place them for several hours in direct sunlight, I think here in south Texas is as hot than Arizona, just keep them out of the sun for at least the 3 hottest hours of the day when above 105
Roberto

o

Averil,
What Roberto said. :-)

OK Roberto, sounds good, I think I have just the spot for them.

Thanks

o

Mike,
Just be careful, don't stop observing them the first day when you take them to direct sunlight, generally at lowes they keep then in the shaded area ighey might sunburn, it is recommended to take them slowly

Veggie_girl, come on down to the south,

Roberto

o

Very beautiful. Wish I could find some at my local lowes. Never any luck?
Super jealous! ;-)

Chuy

o

If I move south, I will be in the English Channel lol.

o

Sweet!! Just think what is hiding below that soil line...

LOVE IT!!!

Congratulations...

Laura

o

Mike, those are good looking plants.
I heard that Lowes and HD have great price for big caudexes DR.

Marie

o

Roberto, how old are those plants in your pics?

E..

o

I bought them when they were around 2 to 3 years old and i bought them 3 years ago, so around 5 to 6

Roberto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here