Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kodom087

Kanjana Yellow

kodom087 z9a
9 years ago

Here's a sneak peak at my Kanjana Yellow opening up for the first time for me, today. I'll add another picture when it's half open and one when fully open throughout the day.

{{gwi:343755}}

Kirk

Comments (21)

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Is this hybrid known to be deep yellow, Kirk?
    Look forward to seeing the changes with photo's you post.
    Rick

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Rick, I'm not sure how deep a yellow this is supposed to be. This is the only yellow adenium I've seen in person and it's a light yellow cream color. The picture I saw of this one was a deeper yellow but I assumed it was darkened to show better color and detail. I have a Luang Siam Yellow that I've not seen bloom as of yet, as well.

Just took this picture and this is far as it has opened thus far. With the weather being rainy and cloudy I suspect I won't see it fully opened until either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.
    {{gwi:343756}}

Heck, they just evacuated the Houston Free Press Summer Festival that just started today. All those hipster music fans were probably like "We're so cool we were evacuating before we were told to do so."

Kirk

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Ohhhh. , Kirk !!

Beautiful...

Laura

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Laura!

Rick, here's a pic when I got it last year. It shows the pic that was attached to it with a deep yellow. Good thing I assumed it would be much lighter or I would have been really disappointed.
    {{gwi:343757}}

Kirk

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Kirk,

That is a beautiful bloom. I know the blooms I've seen usually do not match the photos I've seen of them either. Thanks for sharing your photo. I am looking forward to seeing it when fully open.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

It is an exceptional flower and whether it hold true to photo is usually not too much of a suprise, is it.
    You know, Kirk. Many speak of colors such as the yellows, purples, etc.
    That they can be different on second blooming, possibly this is for the age of a seedling. Also, the humidity said to be a factor.
    Many of the yellows fade by the time they are fully open?

I understand that photo's can be very tricky to actually capture the true color, but it is unfortunate that enhancing has to happen. Makes for a untrusting sale environment. I guess we need to become more aware/educated in the eye for these make-overs.
    I have had three so far which are not even close to adv. photo, but they where nice anyway.
    I realize you are aware of all these factors. Just would be nice to get what you see.
    Keep the updated photo's coming. Looks to be a good one.
    Rick

• heart_in_bloom
    9 years ago

But Kirk,
    your soft yellow delicate bloom is much more beautiful than the lemon yellow one on the label !

I would choose yours over the one on the label, that's for certain !

;-)

Britta ( in Norway )

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone.

Rick, I totally agree with you as I've not had buyers remorse as of yet on any of mine. I find the reds are the hardest to capture true in a picture but I am learning tricks when taking the pictures to help get as close as possible without having to do so much post processing in adobe lightroom and photoshop. With that said this is pretty much spot on for the true color of this yellow.

Britta, I would love a little deeper of a yellow on a different adenium but not such a dark yellow that it looks like a yellow lily. LOL

Here is the bloom as of this morning at 8am central time.
    {{gwi:343758}}

Kirk

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Took this shot late this afternoon.

{{gwi:343759}}

Kirk

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

I would be very happy with this bloom. A nice chiffon yellow and looks a little deeper in color toward the lower part of petals. Beautiful photo's, Kirk. You always display them very well.
    Rick

• jayeff71
    9 years ago

I love it , now on the lookout for one to add to my collection.
    John (Thailand)

• jayeff71
    9 years ago

I love it , now on the lookout for one to add to my collection.
    John (Thailand)

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Rick! I'm always trying to improve my photography especially when it comes to plants. I'm always a work in progress when it comes to my art/photography. I'm working on an adenium tattoo I want to get but I haven't been satisfied with any of my sketches yet.

Thanks, John! Always love seeing your collection as well. I'm pretty sure this one came from Thailand. The nursery in Houston I got it from, I'm told, gets his shipments from there. I'm sure you'll have some luck.

Kirk

• averil
    9 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I much prefer the colour you have. The one on the label is a bit harsh, a bit like a buttercup. I'm envious ... As usual lol

Averil

• Marlene666
    9 years ago

I also love your special bloom. Beautiful yellow I will have to keep planting seeds as I am unable to find and buy such an exotic flower for sale here.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Marlene

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

I love the bloom as well. It is so pristine with no blemishes. Very...very nice. I think your photography is absolutely gorgeous! Even your watermarks are spot on for matching your photos and looking fantastic.

Thank you for sharing.

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone!

Ladylotus, glad to get your feedback about the watermark. Granted there are ways for people to steal the pictures and remove watermarks if they take the time and all but I can't stand watermarks that obscure the pictures or are blatantly in your face, so to speak. I try to select a color from the flower in the middle range for the watermark. Then I do a gradient layer and reduce the opaqueness usually by 50%.

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

How did I miss this?
    Kirk, that is BEAUTIFUL bloom. The best yellow so far.....
    I have 4 yellow, but still not that deep.
    I love this Kanjana yellow.

You so lucky Kirk.

Marie

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks!

Marie I am really enjoying it. So far it's the only named variety that has put out a few blooms at once for me as all mine are still young. Can't wait until one day they are all full of flowers like yours. When I do some grafts I'll set one aside for you. :)

Here's a picture of it today. It still has it's first bloom on it and the second bloom opened about 2-3 days later. You can see how they've somewhat faded but not nearly as much as I thought they would have.

{{gwi:343760}}

Kirk

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

Kirk, that is kind of plant I like, still small, but you can tell it will have many blooms.

Marie

• kodom087 z9a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A little update. More blooms open at once.

{{gwi:343761}}

{{gwi:343762}}

{{gwi:343763}}

Kirk