Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what I found

Posted by roma0904 none (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 14 at 11:50

Hello
Went to the local lws and found out they got some adeniums, they were around 50, and for my surprise there were a couple of what I think they are somaelenses, so I bought them right away as I've never seen these on any store, they are grafted one of them has a stem growing under ths graft, should I leave it? May be I can get 2 in 1, here are some pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what I found

More

o

Another

o

And bought these 2 beside the ones above

o

Another

o

I just bought a couple at Walmart, of all places, for $11.48 each. They're look to be in great shape and the plants are probably about 18" tall above the pot. Their root covers pretty much the whole to of the pot with maybe 1/2" at the most to spare on either side, so should I move up a pot size for them? I'm pretty new at growing these. I think, if I remember right, they are in 6 or 7" pots now.

o

Vivey,
I saw some at walmart too, but were the classic pink that I dont want more, and were not as big as yours, these I bought because I haven't seen before these that I think are somalenses and red obesum ( i think) , that is what surprised me, never seen somaelenses at the store before

o

Most at Walmart were pink, and I did get one of them. The other is a dark red. I've just never seen them at Walmart here in SC before.

o

I'm nearly vomiting with envy here in UK lol. I wish we could buy them in the shops here. Beautiful plants
Kind regards
AVERIL

o

Averil,
Start an adenium shop maybe the gold mine

o

Ha ha Roma you could be right!

o

Roberto,
What a find. So wonderful. I would have been so elated to find those specimens. Congrats on you new plants.
Rick

o

Very nice plants. Congratulations on your beautiful collection

Question: stem growing under this graft, should I leave it?
Ans: No don't leave it, please remove it.

o

Roma, that is good size and great price.
I love DR with skinny leaves.
Marie

o

Thanks All

Just removed it

o

Oh wow! What a great find! I love the skinny leaves. I want to add more of those to my collection.

Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here