Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two new arrivals

Posted by adenium1949 UK (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 14 at 12:47

Here are two new grafted plants from Rinoa in Taiwan. They look to have excellent root systems and don't seem to be too stressed after their long journey, so I am hoping they will establish without too much drama. They were ordered on 11th May and arrived this morning 23rd. This was a small order at first to test the system as see if they could arrive safely to me, the varieties are Ciao Bella and Aurum Crown. Thank you Rinoa,
Brian UK.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two new arrivals

amazing!! they look so healthy!! good luck and keep us posted on progress! :)

Chuy

o

Oh wow Brian, they look super. Great that they look so healthy after their long journey
Kind regards
Averil

o

Those are wonderful.
Marie

o

• Posted by ssk22 5/ohio (My Page) on
    Fri, May 23, 14 at 20:46

Great plants
Makes me want to order a few to replace what old man winter took fom me. Lol...

Sharon

o

Wonderful plants, Brian. Looking forward to seeing their blooms.

I received some from Rinoa in March and a few last fall. She ship's very nice plants. Good size and usually multi branched off of scion portion.
Rick

o

Thanks all for your responses, yes the roots do look very healthy and super clean, not a trace of any growing medium. I wonder what the growing medium was, it certainly works. I will keep you posted on their progress. I feel another order coming on !
Brian UK.

o

Great healthy plants you have there. I am very envious as it is very complicated and expensive to import adenium plants into Australia. I will have to keep buying seeds and hopefully producing something rare.
Marlene

o

congratulations

anurag

o
RE: Two new arrivals UPDATE

Hello all,
Just an update on progress. Both plants are starting to produce sprouts, Aurum Crown is starting pale green sprouts and Ciao Bella is starting red sprouts, so far so good. First pic is Aurum Crown, they don't show up well on this one.

o

Next is Ciao Bella

o

Congrats! Now the long wait for buds. LOL

Kirk

o

Did you rise them when you planted them ?

And if so, did you cut off those thin roots (are those feeder roots ?) ?

Britta

o

Beautiful... I love her trees!!!

Congratulations.. They look like they will back bud soon!!!

Laura

o

Thanks to all for the responses, they seem to be eager to grow, surprising how well these plants travel. I didn't trim the roots before potting, any slight damage to the very thin roots had sealed over so I thought it best to leave them. The growing mix is just Miracle Gro with lots of perlite, this seems to work for me. When potting I don't compact the mix but just pour it in, the idea is that it will aid aeration, and of course unglazed clay pots.
Happy growing,
Brian UK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here