Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

adenium 2012 (desert rose) fully bloom

Marie Tran
11 years ago

I want to share with you my DR in full bloom. This year they bloom earlier than normal. The second biggest pot still have many buds forming right now, and will display its beauty in mid June. Many of the medium size pots still not ready yet. I will post them later.

March 3rd was the first day they out from inside the garage for over 4 months.

{{gwi:344459}}

{{gwi:344460}}

{{gwi:344506}}

{{gwi:344508}}

{{gwi:344510}}

{{gwi:344511}}

{{gwi:344512}}

{{gwi:344513}}

{{gwi:344514}}

{{gwi:344515}}

{{gwi:344516}}

{{gwi:344517}}

{{gwi:344519}}

{{gwi:344520}}

{{gwi:344521}}

{{gwi:344522}}

{{gwi:344523}}

{{gwi:344524}}

{{gwi:344525}}

{{gwi:344526}}

{{gwi:344527}}

This pot has the most blooms every year even when it was a tiny plant. Still many buds are not open yet.

{{gwi:344528}}

This is second biggest and still not fully bloom yet.

{{gwi:344529}}

{{gwi:344531}}

{{gwi:344532}}

{{gwi:344533}}

{{gwi:344549}}

{{gwi:344551}}

{{gwi:344553}}

{{gwi:344555}}

{{gwi:344556}}

{{gwi:344557}}

{{gwi:344558}}

{{gwi:344560}}

{{gwi:344562}}

{{gwi:344563}}

{{gwi:344564}}

Comments (21)

• pcput
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

"WOW" Marie !!! What a display of eye candy. They even look good as a row of sticks. One more beautiful than the next. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us. Peg

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Amazing collection, very nice!!! I can't get over how many flowers this plant offers. You have some very impressive caudexes going on there - and an impressive ceramic pot collection too! You must have the prettiest yard in your whole neighborhood!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Marie,

I am truly speechless...

The beauty of those DR's is one for a showroom!!!

As i was viewing your pictures, i can't help but think i am at a flower show...

Simply BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thank you for sharing your treasures!!

Laura

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Peg, you are so sweet.
    Elucas, thank you. I wish I have the prettiest yard in my neighborhood. My backyard is the smallest of this neighborhood. Only 10 feets from the patio. Front yard is where I display my crown of thorns collection. Total of 40 pots and about 30 variety of colors and sizes. They also in ceramic pots. I save my backyard space for my DR for their safety.
    Marie

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laura, your post came in while I type the reply. Thank you.
    I will show you when more in full bloom.
    Marie

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Wow! Just beautiful.

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Marie, how old are your biggest ones? Do you do anything special to your roots or just lift and re-pot? Your caudexes are so interesting with so much shape! I think you're smart to keep them in the back yard!!!

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Karyn, I want to see your DR too. I am sure your weather is getting better for your plants now.
    Elucas, my biggest one is about 11 years old. I don't do any special thing with the caudexes, they grow into the shape by themshelves. I only raise about 1 to 2 inches each year in late March whenever they first come out from inside the garage.
    Marie

• Aggie2
    11 years ago

Marie, first congrats, your DRs are gorgeous! Second we are light years behind you; so please share your knowledge! I personally need a workshop or serious tutoring! ;)
    Please let me know how old are your largest plants and how do you induce branching and what mix you use under the rocks?

Thanks for sharing! Aggie

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Aggie, I take care my DR by reading on the internet.
    My simple mix is only Micrale Gro potting Mix with perlite. Osmocote fertilizer twice per year once in late March and again in late July. Prune to get more branches and rocks only for decoration.
    Marie

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    11 years ago

Marie, well, what can I possibly add that hasn't been said above? They are amazing. Thanks so much for taking the pics and showing them to us again, they get better every time! Superb. wonderful, outstanding. fabulous.....I can go on and on with suitable superlatives but have to leave for work!
    A very envious Gill from the UK.

• bronxfigs: New York City/7b
    11 years ago

Marie...

I can only use superlatives when describing this magnificent display of DRs! Grown and staged with absolute perfection!!

You have inspired me to strive for better results when growing. Seeing these perfect examples of what can be done, at home, makes me want to buy some plants.

By the way, can you identify plant with date 5/18/2012 @ 17:29....a dark red, with black border around each petal?

The roots are really very interesting....almost as interesting as the top end of the plant.

Thanks for all the wonderful photos. I cannot understand why this plant is not more commonly grown and seen in more homes and garden centers. What other plant can offer such a display of flowers over so long a period?

Frank

• bronxfigs: New York City/7b
    11 years ago

Marie...

I can only use superlatives when describing this magnificent display of DRs! Grown and staged with absolute perfection!!

You have inspired me to strive for better results when growing. Seeing these perfect examples of what can be done, at home, makes me want to buy some plants.

By the way, can you identify plant with date 5/18/2012 @ 17:29....a dark red, with black border around each petal?

The roots are really very interesting....almost as interesting as the top end of the plant.

Thanks for all the wonderful photos. I cannot understand why this plant is not more commonly grown and seen in more homes and garden centers. What other plant can offer such a display of flowers over so long a period?

Frank

• tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
    11 years ago

Marie, those DR and their flowers are stunning! I was drooling over them for 10 minutes while I scrolled up and down to see them. You must have weather that suits DR growing. Here I'm trying to imagine my tiny DRs in my backyard turning into gorgeous plants like yours many years down the road.

Thanks for the pictures. Always love to see them so please keep them coming!

Kuan

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Frank and Kuan.
    Frank, the one you was interested in named (Double Color). Google it, you find more. That was the pot got stolen and now back to me. I took close shot picture, but from few feet you don't see the details.

Kuan, I wait few years to get my collection started and now going, so hang in there.

Marie

• plantmasterm
    11 years ago

WOW

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

Holy Smokes Marie!! Absolutely GORGEOUS Deserts Roses you have! What a wonderful collection and all those different colors and blooms...WOW!!! Words cannot describe their beauty!!

Thanks so much for sharing them!!

• irun5k
    11 years ago

Most excellent!

What does your blooming cycle look like? Do they keep blooming like this all summer until fall, or do they take a break and bloom again later in the year, or...?

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nancy, it is nice to see you here again....
    Irun....desert rose blooms twice a year, around this time and again in October. It started beginning of May, but fully bloom around second week in June. This year they bloom earlier than normal. May-June bloom will cool down around July and will starting again in October, but second time they will have more leaves and less blooms.

I have more to post later when smaller pots display their beauty.
    Marie

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    11 years ago

Marie,
    Your plants are just spectacular .Weather in Ohio just don't do them any justice. I have lost a few lately,probably due to the weather,
    Thanks for showing ,I just love them.your pictures should be in a magazine.
    Sharon

• Neysa
    11 years ago

Drooling all over!! You have a beautiful collection.