Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy 'Desert Rose Plants' near San Antonio, TX

Posted by Ramsea54 Texas (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 20:43

Can anyone provide information on where to purchase Desert Rose plants around the San Antonio are? I heard that the flea market in Rockport may have a vendor, but need details of days vendor is available. I would like to get a variety of different bloom colors. We have two healthy plants at present.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy 'Desert Rose Plants' near San Antonio, TX

I found one at WalMart, they had some grafted and some non grafted, but all the tags show the same color - so, you could pick up one, or buy a grafted one and most likely get some other color. Some people have scored one at their local HD, although I haven't seen one in the Austin area yet. Another option is if you have a local nursery, they may carry them. Someone else posted that their HEB had them in 3 color varieties, that's worth checking out!

o

I got mine about 8 years ago from the Home Depot at the Arbor Walk in Austin. I've seen them appear every once in a while at the big box stores over the years.

It's About Thyme was selling them at the Barton Creek Farmers Market at least a couple of years back. I haven't been recently so I'm not sure if they still do or not, nor have I checked to see if they carry them at their nursery itself.

www.itsaboutthyme.com
www.bartoncreekfarmersmarket.org

o

"It's about Thyme" in South Austin is where I bought my three. You can give them a call to see when they bring them out. they grow all theirs from seed so they have many colors to chose from. They did say that even though the parent may of been the color stated, sometimes they turn out different! Only one of mine bloomed last year and it was correct. The other two started to bloom a few weeks ago just in time for the cold so I didn't get to see their colors!! Darn!!

o

"It's about Thyme" in South Austin is where I bought my three. You can give them a call to see when they bring them out. they grow all theirs from seed so they have many colors to chose from. They did say that even though the parent may of been the color stated, sometimes they turn out different! Only one of mine bloomed last year and it was correct. The other two started to bloom a few weeks ago just in time for the cold so I didn't get to see their colors!! Darn!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here