Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
There are air bubbles growing on my adenium...

Posted by 54641210d none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 6:54

This guy has been having trouble since coming into my home. He's drinking water, but his wrinkles are still there and now there's noticeably large air pockets forming under the skin, as well as on the roots. Take a look:

What should I do? It's very soft, but there's no signs of rot. There's a bunch of air bubbles and the poor guy is shriveling up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: There are air bubbles growing on my adenium...

Also sorry about the quality of the photos. I'll post better ones when I come back from work.

-Josette

o
RE: There are air bubbles growing on my adenium...

I have no clue so I have no advice, unfortunately. I hate that such a nice plant is giving you this problem.

I had a seedling I was doing an experiment with. I totally cut off the bottom side of the caudex where the roots were to flatten it out. I wanted to try to see how successful I'd be as the ones you see in the pictures with all the roots circling around the base. It started to shrivel very badly and stayed that way for about two months. It never felt squishy but I thought it was just drying out completely. Then all of the sudden one day the shriveled up base and stem started to fatten up. And then within a week it was all filled out like nothing had ever happened.
I had considered it a lost cause but didn't have the heart to just toss it out. These things are way more tough than I ever imagined.

Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here