Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

Only Few blooms on my desert rose.

Marie Tran
9 years ago

My Desert Rose plants are not blooming the way they normally do at this time of the year.

Only few.

{{gwi:345870}}

{{gwi:345871}}

{{gwi:345872}}

This pot was one I grafted from regular single pink to double pink.
{{gwi:345874}}

{{gwi:345876}}

{{gwi:345877}}

I normally don't keep my plants this leggy, but i save this for this year grafting. This is one of the kind with heavy blooming plants. Even when it was so small, still carry full head of blooms.

{{gwi:345879}}

{{gwi:345880}}

{{gwi:345881}}

{{gwi:345882}}

{{gwi:345883}}

This plant with hard prune, because all the branches were rot during last winter.

{{gwi:345884}}

{{gwi:345885}}

{{gwi:345886}}

{{gwi:345887}}

Comments (13)

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

Beautiful flowers as always, Marie! I love the one you're going to graft. It reminds me of peppermint candy.

My Black Purple suffered some root rot I discovered yesterday. After major cutting I ended up cutting off all the branches to try to save them. Doing some emergency grafting and going to try to root some of the cuttings.

I can't wait for all my plants to be older with many more branches so I'll have lots of blooms instead of one here and two there.

Kirk

• heart_in_bloom
    9 years ago

That first one - - - WOW !
    And then you scroll down and see the second one - - - double-WOW !
    And then the rest of them ... lovely blooms !

Thanks for sharing !

Britta

• ginger9899
    9 years ago

You have such full gorgeous Adeniums Marie I never get tired of looking at them. A+ blooms and caudexes!

-Heather

• jayeff71
    9 years ago

Marie what can I say absolutely beautiful well established plants and I love the shapes of the caudex ,keep the pics coming
    regards John
    (Thailand )

• Marlene666
    9 years ago

Marie, I have been waiting for you to post some of your pictures this season. Thank you. As expected they are very beautiful. Hoping one day I will be able to post pictures of large specimans myself. Marlene

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all my friends on adenium forum.

I have so many but only a few have buds at this time.

Many of my plants got rot grafted scions. So if they bloom now will be just regular pink. Very sad. I am doing good this year so far, by not buying them anymore.

Marie

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Amazed at what you have Marie.... just Stunning!!!!!
    I am lost for words on your collection :-) BEAUTIFUL

Chuy

• roma0904
    9 years ago

Woooooow

• Pagan
    9 years ago

Hang on, Marie, did you just use the word "few" to describe the number of blooms you have right now?!

Few?!? Really? lol

The white one is very elegant.

Pagan

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    9 years ago

Marie,
    Your plants are so pretty, I never get tired looking at them. Here in Ohio,my plants just got to go outside the other day. It still gets to 50f at night.leaves are just starting to open. Doubt if I will get any blooms this year.
    Sharon

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Chuy, Roma, Pagan and Sharon.
    Pagan, I meant few plants have bloom at this time of the year.
    I took few more pictures this morning.

I grafted this double pink last year. The big pot mother's plant died this year. I was sad, because it was about 10 years old and always gave me plenty of blooms.

{{gwi:345891}}

{{gwi:345893}}

{{gwi:345895}}

{{gwi:345896}}

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I also grafted the same double pink onto another cutting plant, but this cutting plant has slightly different blooms.

{{gwi:345897}}

{{gwi:345899}}

{{gwi:345900}}

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

I really like that double pink. And the last one is very interesting too. Like crushed peppermint candy.

Kirk