My Black Bird

Posted by roma0904 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 12:10

Hello Folks,

Here is my black bird flowers from a plant I bought last year from ebay :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Black Bird

Absolutely gorgeous Roberto. A beautiful shade of pink. I would be dead chuffed with that

o

Yes, averil but what I supposedly bought this

o

Not much "black" in your bloom,
so I thought that was a peculiar name for the plant,
but naming of plants can be a bit odd at times ...

But now, having seen what you expected, I understand your :(

A seller not to be trusted then ...

BUT the bloom you got was pretty and special,
with the darker pink edges of the petals,
so absolutly worth having.

Britta

o

It is pretty as it is, but its hard not to be a little annoyed after waiting for the bloom. I just received a "double purple" from a place through amazon and the same thing happened to me.

o

It is pretty as it is, but its hard not to be a little annoyed after waiting for the bloom. I just received a "double purple" from a place through amazon and the same thing happened to me.

o

Yes, it's discouraging. Nice flower and healthy plant.
Funny, the photo of your expected plant 'Black Bird' looks identicle to the photo of my expected bloom/plant called 'Triple Twilight'. This plant has produced an abondunce of blooms, but so far have been reluctant to mature and open for me. Definitely going to be a Triple, but not sure of intensity of colors.
I have had many look similar, but you sure have to learn how to view photo's for color enhancing and dark background.

Very beautiful bloom roma0904.

Rick

o

Hey that's just like my YELLOW CLIMBING ROSE...... pictured here..........

o

The worst thing is that i waited for a year, the second worst is that I bought 12 different plants from the same seller, let's wait for the others to bloom, some of them already have small buds
Rick,
that's not the original picture of the seller, this is one I just took it from the web, the original pic is not longer in ebay, the seller still selling adeniums,
how do you know it is going to be triple? What is the difference between buds for single from buds from double or triple?
Roberto

o

Roberto,

It's still a very pretty flower. I think I purchased a plant from the same Amazon seller, and trying to keep the plant from rotting.

Lonnie

o

The buds look much the same on both until they start to mature and then they are larger and fuller, but not certain even at early stage whether it will be Double, Triple or Quad.
Not that I plan on buying more. Taking photo's ourselves can alter the colors depending on light and such, but such a drastic difference is definitely not color enhancing procedure.
Other than it being a mix up in labeling, we all hope that people will be honest and reputable.
I notice a lot of color enhancing and really see it done with yellows, oranges
and purples.
Rick

o

Roberto, have any of the others you bought from this seller bloomed?

o

Ah I see what you mean Roberto. It is annoying when the flower is not what you expected. I bought a peony tree 3 years ago and I thought it was peach.it flowered first time this year and was yellow. It's still a lovely plant you have there though

o

Have you guys contacted the seller to let them know that what bloomed was not what you bought?

I sure hope I don't buy from the same seller. UGH. Too bad there has to be those unscrupulous people out there.

o

Desirai, your yellow climbing rose is the best lol It did meet the "rose" part though!

Roberto, if it's a shapely plant, you can use it as a rootstock for future grafting experiments. I kind of wish I had a generic adult plant I can experiment with. I have a pink thing (my only random plant I rescued from Lowe's water tray) but I'm sending that off to someone with experience.

I hope your other plants bloom true.

Pagan

o

Veggie girl,

I bought liue 12 , 5 have bloomed and everyone are singles not what I supposedly bought, gave one of them and I sold other

Averil,

Yes, after waiting for a whole year and find out this its annoying, but as you said its a nice color but already have too many pink ones

Ladylotus,
Yes I did send the selker a message and still waiting for an answer

Pagan,

Yes they are good plants to start experimenting with grafting, the bad thing id that I dont have anything good that is worth grafting, these were supposedly my first doubles and triples
Roberto

o

If you don't hear back from the seller wanting to correct the issue, I would leave the feedback on their ebay page so others know. That's such a shame.

o

Veggie_girl,

The feedback was left 1 year ago and can't be changed, as he had very good reviews I didn't think this would happen, and as Rick said in a post above, I thought it was just a labeling mistake or somethingmlike that, but up to now 5 of them have bloomed and everyone is single and nothing near the colors they were supposed to be

Roberto

o

Roberto, did you buy the plant seeds?

If you bought seeds, the flower doesn't look like the mother flower.

Marie

o

Marie,

I bought the plants , they were about a year old

Roberto

o

Roberto,
I am confused a bit now with these plants of yours after Marie's last question.
You stated that the plants where 1yr. old.
Are they seed grown or Grafted?
If seed grown then, as you probably already know, it is a "luck of the draw"
type of thing.
If Grafted, then misrepresented, mislabeled or just poor business practice.

The photo that you originally posted as I mentioned is identical to the photo I got my "Triple Twilight" grafted plant from Kukuan. Kukuan sells seed of this, but no seedlings. You should take a look at her advertised photo of it. To me the same photo. Adeniumcenter (eBay)
Kukuan has been amazing with me. I have asked if she has grafted plants of ones she advertises for seed and most times has been able to supply.
Cannot say enough about her.
Rick

It is unfortunate, especially with that many.

o

Roberto, I can only imagine your frustration.

This is why I have been so slow to accumulate adeniums--I know of only one US seller who differentiates between proven and non-proven bloomers. They import their plants but until they have personally seen them bloom, they are marked Not Proven.

The other thing I wish sellers would do is show individual specimens so I know the looks of the plant I am buying, rather than just getting random plants I may not like the shape of. To me. adeniums are more about the plant shape rather than the bloom. That's mostly the work I do with my plants. Blooming is just an aside.

On the other hand, even though I really dislike pink, I cant help but love the hell out of Puglvr's magnificent plant, for instance. Just check out it's photo on the Adenium Forum front page. If my plant looks like that, I don't care if it's flowers are the color of phlegm lol (actually, I might like that color on a flower)

To all the experienced grafters--have you guys tried sending out cuttings for grafting? Do they survive the trip? I have been pruning my adults several times a year and stop only when they threaten to bloom. I just toss the cuttings away. Next time, I'll throw them in your direction, yo.

Pagan

o

Rick, sorry about my English, its not as good as I would like it to be,
Can I explain in Spanish? ( kidding )

When I bought those seedling or small plants ( seed grown, not seeds and not grafted either) on the ebay page it said 100% tested, so I read the seller's reviews and had 99.5% good ones and the bads were because other things like too long to ship etc etc. Nothing to do with wrong plants or colors, so I believed him, at the time wasn't really informed about the seeds or grafts, now I know that mother plants will produce only about 10 or 15 % of the seeds like her.
The pink pic is what I got, the red black is something I just got from googling " black bird adenium" as the seller does not have the pic anymore
He still selling adeniums with nice colors dobles and triples

Pagan,

Just learned the bad way, but as somebody told before, I have some good plants in which I can start experiment with grafting, and I am wait for the experienced grafted for an anwswer on your question
I have like 5 pinks and want no more

Roberto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here