Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New seeds arrived today!

Posted by JV44 none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 12:35

I got a couple of packets of seeds from Kukuan (Adeniumcenter) via "Buy it Now" on Ebay.....they were shipped June 10 and arrived today. This has been typical for seeds that I've bought from Thailand--they take roughly 2 weeks to get here. So now I've got 10 seeds of Thai soco "Chada Petch" and 23 seeds of Dwarf Black RCN arabicum....plus a free bonus packet of 10 seeds of A. obesum "Aurora". Now I just have 2 packets of seed coming from Mr. Ko to wait for.

Mike in MN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New seeds arrived today!

Mike,,,,your second full time job is coming....soon.
Have fun with them.
Marie

o

• Posted by JV44 Zone 4 MN (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 14:36

Very true, Marie--I still have to figure out the best and most economical lights to use for my adeniums indoors after the summer. Meanwhile I'm busy re-potting all my babies from community trays into single containers--mostly using styrofoam cups and small coir pots. I'm having fun despite recovering from hernia surgery (June 11) at the same time!

Mike in MN

o

Hi Mike,
Your are going to have a nice group of plants.
I used the High Out-Put T5 Flourescents this past winter for my seedlings and they did very well. I watched the hydro bill in comparison to years past not using the lights and it was barely noticeable in cost.
I used 3 x 4' tubes on 6hrs./day to extend the daylight hours.
Very happy with results.

Rick

o

Congrats on your seeds! I can't wait to see pics of how your dwarf black rcn develop.

Kirk

o

• Posted by JV44 Zone 4 MN (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 23:32

Thanks Kirk--I sowed them last night, believe me, I'll take photos as they grow! I just HAD to have something dwarf AND black!
And Thanks Rick--HO T5's are what I was thinking of using, maybe paired with the latest tech, LED lights of the same 48" length. I'm not sure at the moment how many I'll need, maybe 2 of each--or twice that depending on how big my seedlings get over the summer. So my electric bill may be somewhat higher.....am even toying with the idea of having a couple of solar panels installed to take up the slack! We'll see how it goes....

Mike in MN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here