The Big Boy!!!

Posted by loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 14 at 14:06

The big belly is blooming!! ;-)

Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Big Boy!!!

Laura, your big boy is good looking boy.
Marie

o

He is getting huge. How big is he outside of the pot? Not that it matters.
Getting to be a substantial size.
All look so amazing.
Rick

o

He looks good, he's getting huge!

Thank you for sharing!!

Mark

o

Laura, that plant is amazing!

o

Great looking plant and bloom.

Lonnie

o

Thank you guys!!!

He is getting huge and I just repotted him this early spring... Here is a pic when I was bare rooting...

Rick .. I'll look for a pic, but I would guess he is about 24 -30 inches..
I will measure when I get home!!

Thanks Marie!! He is a " Big Boy". Lol...

Mark... Thank you!! Much appreciated!!!

Averil!! He is my very first adenium.. So he is very amazing and special to me!! Thank You!!

Hi Lonnie!! Lol.. Nice to see you over here!! I can't wait to see what you purchase. ;-)

Have a great night!!

Laura

o

WOW! What a beauty.

Laura, I only have Noids from HD & Lowes, but have placed an order with Durham Botanicals in Florida.
He only wants to sell DR's in a group of six, but I have two other people I work with interested in them. Our order should deliver Saturday. I'll take a few pics for the group.

Lonnie

o

Wow, what a trunk on that one !

In your last picture it looks like someone has put a ball in there with the exposed roots ... :-)

Have you grown this from a small plant to this substancial size or was it a big plant when you got it ?

o

That is what I like in adenium. You don't find any 2 the same rootstock. Every adenium has a unique caudex.

I had so many still want more when a member post his/her plant on this thread.

Marie

o

Hi Lomnie!!

Chris has some beautiful plants and trees!! He has quality trees and awesome pricing too! Highly recommended !!!

Hi Heart!!

It was smaller in size and it did have the ball under the soil. It was hidden until I bare rooted it and found this treasure under the soil line. I'll look for the first picture . I think I have had this one for about 15 years? It was probably 1/4 of the size when I purchased it. It was cute then, but it has taken on a new personality. Lol.... Someone named him " Mandrake". From Harry potter.. I call him my Buddha Belly...

I feel the same way , Marie.. It's a bad addiction. I see all of these beautiful trees and I want them too! I see yours and I want to graft a tree with different colors.. One day... I love your trees!!!! ;-)

Laura

o

Laura,
wow, you've had it for a long time then, and it means that you are really "responsible" (lol) for the way it looks now.

And it would be VERY interesting to see the first picture you took of Big Boy. It's so interesting to see how these plants develop and turn into personalities ...

My plants are seedplants the oldest from 2011, but I can already see that som are turning into something special ( when it comes to shape ) and some are more ordinary.

Britta

o

Laura,

I really love your buddha belly adenium. :) It sure has gotten big even in the past few years of your posting photos of it.

Stay safe! I hope the storm misses you.

o

Yay! Big Boy "Mandrake" makes an appearance! I must say he's probably my favorite in your collection. If I ever get to the west coast I'll have to take a tour of your yard.

Kirk

o

Hope things are good with the both of you Laura and your Mom.
Please stay safe and chime in to let us know things are fine.
Rick

o

Laura, he's as jaw-dropping as ever. Tell me, what did you say to him to make him grow such a big belly lol

I'm still waiting for your sitting frog, Kirk, bloom or no. I have a long mental list, actually. Heather's giant, I don't think I've seen this year. I remember seeing Puglvr's signature adenium, Marie's giant and Rick's old arabicum. My own collection is less than 2 years old so I haven't picked an official rep yet.

Hey! That should be a thread. I gotta jet though!

Pagan

Pagan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here