Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

The big belly is blooming!! ;-)

Laura

Comments (15)

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

Laura, your big boy is good looking boy.
    Marie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

He is getting huge. How big is he outside of the pot? Not that it matters.
    Getting to be a substantial size.
    All look so amazing.
    Rick

• maark23 TX/8a
    9 years ago

He looks good, he's getting huge!

Thank you for sharing!!

Mark

• averil
    9 years ago

Laura, that plant is amazing!

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Great looking plant and bloom.

Lonnie

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you guys!!!

He is getting huge and I just repotted him this early spring... Here is a pic when I was bare rooting...

Rick .. I'll look for a pic, but I would guess he is about 24 -30 inches..
    I will measure when I get home!!

Thanks Marie!! He is a " Big Boy". Lol...

Mark... Thank you!! Much appreciated!!!

Averil!! He is my very first adenium.. So he is very amazing and special to me!! Thank You!!

Hi Lonnie!! Lol.. Nice to see you over here!! I can't wait to see what you purchase. ;-)

Have a great night!!

Laura

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

WOW! What a beauty.

Laura, I only have Noids from HD & Lowes, but have placed an order with Durham Botanicals in Florida.
    He only wants to sell DR's in a group of six, but I have two other people I work with interested in them. Our order should deliver Saturday. I'll take a few pics for the group.

Lonnie

• heart_in_bloom
    9 years ago

Wow, what a trunk on that one !

In your last picture it looks like someone has put a ball in there with the exposed roots ... :-)

Have you grown this from a small plant to this substancial size or was it a big plant when you got it ?

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

That is what I like in adenium. You don't find any 2 the same rootstock. Every adenium has a unique caudex.

I had so many still want more when a member post his/her plant on this thread.

Marie

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Lomnie!!

Chris has some beautiful plants and trees!! He has quality trees and awesome pricing too! Highly recommended !!!

Hi Heart!!

It was smaller in size and it did have the ball under the soil. It was hidden until I bare rooted it and found this treasure under the soil line. I'll look for the first picture . I think I have had this one for about 15 years? It was probably 1/4 of the size when I purchased it. It was cute then, but it has taken on a new personality. Lol.... Someone named him " Mandrake". From Harry potter.. I call him my Buddha Belly...

I feel the same way , Marie.. It's a bad addiction. I see all of these beautiful trees and I want them too! I see yours and I want to graft a tree with different colors.. One day... I love your trees!!!! ;-)

Laura

• heart_in_bloom
    9 years ago

Laura,
    wow, you've had it for a long time then, and it means that you are really "responsible" (lol) for the way it looks now.

And it would be VERY interesting to see the first picture you took of Big Boy. It's so interesting to see how these plants develop and turn into personalities ...

My plants are seedplants the oldest from 2011, but I can already see that som are turning into something special ( when it comes to shape ) and some are more ordinary.

Britta

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Laura,

I really love your buddha belly adenium. :) It sure has gotten big even in the past few years of your posting photos of it.

Stay safe! I hope the storm misses you.

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

Yay! Big Boy "Mandrake" makes an appearance! I must say he's probably my favorite in your collection. If I ever get to the west coast I'll have to take a tour of your yard.

Kirk

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Hope things are good with the both of you Laura and your Mom.
    Please stay safe and chime in to let us know things are fine.
    Rick

• Pagan
    9 years ago

Laura, he's as jaw-dropping as ever. Tell me, what did you say to him to make him grow such a big belly lol

I'm still waiting for your sitting frog, Kirk, bloom or no. I have a long mental list, actually. Heather's giant, I don't think I've seen this year. I remember seeing Puglvr's signature adenium, Marie's giant and Rick's old arabicum. My own collection is less than 2 years old so I haven't picked an official rep yet.

Hey! That should be a thread. I gotta jet though!

Pagan

Pagan

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer