Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltran54

Harssadee Pink adenium.

Marie Tran
10 years ago

I took some more pictures on June 18 and few other yesterday to share with Garden Web friends.

This pot had 4 colors, but one branch got rot this past winter. Other colors are slow to put out buds.

It is darker when first open

I am very disappointed with my double santa, It has so many buds, but most of them dropped, only the last few are open.

This pot is Hassadee Red, still very small with buds and all the buds are not droopping which I like.

4 more buds soon to open (no flash and it is too dark)

I don't know the name of this bloom.

This post was edited by ltran54 on Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 15:59

Comments (14)

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am sorry, this is Hassadee Red, not Pink.
    Marie

• ginger9899
    10 years ago

Wow, those are beautiful! I keep telling myself I don't need anymore Adeniums but then I see such beautiful flowers like yours and think I must have some like those! Lol, congrats on your talent for growing them.

-Heather

• ginger9899
    10 years ago

Me again, I'm curious about the one to the right in the next to the last picture, it looks braided? Did you do that or was it natural? Very neat looking.

-Heather

• tedb4
    10 years ago

Marie-

Again -

These are beautiful plants! I was skeptical of the Hassadee Pink and Red from the individual photos I had seen, but these are just beautiful....

Best,

Ted

• tedb4
    10 years ago

Marie-

Again -

These are beautiful plants! I was skeptical of the Hassadee Pink and Red from the individual photos I had seen, but these are just beautiful....

Best,

Ted

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    10 years ago

You always have such a wondrous display of blooms Marie.
    The plants are so healthy and I wish I lived closer to get see them. It would be a real treat.
    The Hassadee red is gorgeous.
    I have wondered Marie, with the multi-grafted Adeniums. I imagine to have them bloom at the same time may not happen? Do they have different bloom times.

Thanks so much for sharing your beauties.
    Rick

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all GW friends with nice comments.
    Heather, I used to braid adenium few years ago. That was one pot of the braid. Didn't look well,
    I will use that for graft later. Do you want to see pictures of them? (braid ones)

Rick, yes this pot bloomed 4 different colors at the same time last year.

1- Dark red velvet (grafted)
    2- Santa Clause (grafted)
    3- White with red border (grafted)
    4- Hot pink with round patel (mother plant color)
    {{gwi:346306}}

• ginger9899
    10 years ago

Sure Marie, if its not too much trouble. The braiding is interesting to me, I haven't seen it before I don't think. I can't picture how it would be done. Probably because mine are too short lol.

-Heather

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Heather, these pictures were in Oct 2010, 2 pots braid of 3 and brown pot braid of 4.

They were very pretty at first, but some died and I separated them.
    {{gwi:346307}}

{{gwi:346308}}

{{gwi:346309}}

• Marie Tran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yesterday I noted 2 more blooms open on the Hassadee Red but they look totally different. Also 2 more blooms on Jakawan Triple open today. Very dark purple. Not fully open, but they look dark purple. I used camera flash, so they even darker in day time.

{{gwi:346310}}

{{gwi:346311}}

This is Jakawan Triple
    {{gwi:346312}}

{{gwi:346313}}

{{gwi:346314}}

• ginger9899
    10 years ago

Thanks Marie, the braids look so cool. Sorry some died. That dark purple color in your latest pics is gorgeous!

-Heather

• averil
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous as always. A real treat to see those lovely blooms, thanks Marie
    Kind regards
    Averil UK

• averil
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous as always. A real treat to see those lovely blooms, thanks Marie
    Kind regards
    Averil UK

• kodom087 z9a
    10 years ago

Beautiful flowers as always.

Kirk

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz