Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harssadee Pink adenium.

Posted by ltran54 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 15:58

I took some more pictures on June 18 and few other yesterday to share with Garden Web friends.

This pot had 4 colors, but one branch got rot this past winter. Other colors are slow to put out buds.
 photo IMG_24041.jpg

It is darker when first open
 photo IMG_24071.jpg

I am very disappointed with my double santa, It has so many buds, but most of them dropped, only the last few are open.

photo IMG_24101.jpg

photo IMG_24251.jpg

photo IMG_24091.jpg

photo IMG_24121.jpg

This pot is Hassadee Red, still very small with buds and all the buds are not droopping which I like.
 photo IMG_24161.jpg

4 more buds soon to open (no flash and it is too dark)
 photo IMG_24171.jpg

photo IMG_24181.jpg

I don't know the name of this bloom.
 photo IMG_24191.jpg

photo IMG_24201.jpg

photo IMG_24131.jpg

This post was edited by ltran54 on Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 15:59

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harssadee Pink adenium.

I am sorry, this is Hassadee Red, not Pink.
Marie

o

Wow, those are beautiful! I keep telling myself I don't need anymore Adeniums but then I see such beautiful flowers like yours and think I must have some like those! Lol, congrats on your talent for growing them.

-Heather

o

Me again, I'm curious about the one to the right in the next to the last picture, it looks braided? Did you do that or was it natural? Very neat looking.

-Heather

o

Marie-

Again -

These are beautiful plants! I was skeptical of the Hassadee Pink and Red from the individual photos I had seen, but these are just beautiful....

Best,

Ted

o

Marie-

Again -

These are beautiful plants! I was skeptical of the Hassadee Pink and Red from the individual photos I had seen, but these are just beautiful....

Best,

Ted

o

You always have such a wondrous display of blooms Marie.
The plants are so healthy and I wish I lived closer to get see them. It would be a real treat.
The Hassadee red is gorgeous.
I have wondered Marie, with the multi-grafted Adeniums. I imagine to have them bloom at the same time may not happen? Do they have different bloom times.

Thanks so much for sharing your beauties.
Rick

o

Thank you all GW friends with nice comments.
Heather, I used to braid adenium few years ago. That was one pot of the braid. Didn't look well,
I will use that for graft later. Do you want to see pictures of them? (braid ones)

Rick, yes this pot bloomed 4 different colors at the same time last year.

1- Dark red velvet (grafted)
2- Santa Clause (grafted)
3- White with red border (grafted)
4- Hot pink with round patel (mother plant color)
 photo Picture9701.jpg

o

Sure Marie, if its not too much trouble. The braiding is interesting to me, I haven't seen it before I don't think. I can't picture how it would be done. Probably because mine are too short lol.

-Heather

o

Heather, these pictures were in Oct 2010, 2 pots braid of 3 and brown pot braid of 4.

They were very pretty at first, but some died and I separated them.
 photo Picture003.jpg

photo Picture004.jpg

photo Picture013.jpg

o

Yesterday I noted 2 more blooms open on the Hassadee Red but they look totally different. Also 2 more blooms on Jakawan Triple open today. Very dark purple. Not fully open, but they look dark purple. I used camera flash, so they even darker in day time.

photo IMG_2449.jpg

photo IMG_2471.jpg

This is Jakawan Triple
 photo IMG_2479.jpg

photo IMG_2484.jpg

photo IMG_2482.jpg

o

Thanks Marie, the braids look so cool. Sorry some died. That dark purple color in your latest pics is gorgeous!

-Heather

o

Absolutely gorgeous as always. A real treat to see those lovely blooms, thanks Marie
Kind regards
Averil UK

o

Absolutely gorgeous as always. A real treat to see those lovely blooms, thanks Marie
Kind regards
Averil UK

o

Beautiful flowers as always.

Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here