Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seed pods?

Posted by LocoGuy none (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 17:48

I think my DS is growing seedpods for the first time. How long does it take for the pod to be fully grown?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seed pods?

LocoGuy, I don't know how long it takes, but when you see it with brown color, you need to cover it with something (stocking). to keep it in place. Without cover, when it opens, seeds fly everywhere. Fresh seeds germinate with high rate. Good luck.
Marie

o

LocoGuy,

This is one of my seed pods.. Here one day... then POOF!
Photobucket

The next night... Im glad i checked on it the next morning... I did manage to collect most of the seeds. I agree with Marie. Take a knee hi and place it over the pod when you think it is getting close..!

Good Luck!!!
Photobucket

Something special that i saw today!!!

Photobucket

Have a great night everyone!!!

Laura

o

Laura, what an AWESOME picture!!! That's just beautiful!

LocoGuy, congrats on the seedpod - how big / old is the plant?! What color are the blooms?

o

The plant is between 15 and 20 yrs old. Not that big. It has been in a little small pot since i was a kid. Ill post a pic when i get a chance

o

Laura the pic with the dragonfly is fantastic! It looks like it came out of National Geographic.

o

Here is a pic of the plant. It has looked better before. Its been raining a lot.

o

another pic

o

it grows so fast

o

Congrats on your seed pod, LocoGuy . You'll have little ones in no time. Peg

o
RE: Seed pods? Its opening up

I think my seedpod is starting to open up. Going to put something around it to make sure they dont fly away.

o

OMG... SHe is ready!!! : )

COngratulations!!

Laura

o

Opening up the pod

o

Seeds

o

Theyre great pics of your seed pod opening LocoGuy, thanks for posting them, its all fascinating stuff to me. Laura that pic of the bug is amazing! he looks like hes smiling lol
Averil (UK)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here