Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
54641210d

Soft Caudex? And plant isn't taking water...

54641210d
10 years ago

It turns out that I have a tendency to under water my plants. After hearing that over-watering is the leading cause of Adenium suffrage, I tried my best not to over-water. The three adeniums I have developed soft caudexes and I realized I wasn't watering enough! To make sure I gave them the appropriate amount of water, I weighed them before and after watering. I gave them each 50g and all three readily drank it all in about three days. I gave them another 50g of water but suddenly one plant wasn't taking in the water. The other two already absorbed 30g, but this third one barely took any. The weight difference was only about 9g. The caudex of the third was especially soft. The other two regained their plumpness. I'm getting concerned about the third one's health! I took it out of its soil to check the roots but they were a healthy yellow with no signs of rot. The skin of the plant is wrinkly (as were the other two, but they smoothed out after I started their water treatment) and I think it's getting even more wrinkly. What should I do?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler