Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reminds me of Peter Paul Rubens Three Graces

Posted by cookie_f none (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 18:00

I killed all my seedlings last year, then I saw this wilted adenium with sad Dark(almost black) flower with lighter red throat. I gave her TLC till she grew more leaves. I decided to repot her today using what i learned reading from you all. To my surprise, she has a beautiful RUBENESQUE caudex. I put some pebbles I got from Petco. She is soooo sexy. I'm calling her Grace, from Rubens' Three Graces.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reminds me of Peter Paul Rubens Three Graces

Here is another photo with my Christia Obcordata in the background.

o

I got these seeds from last year, I thought they are not going to sprout. I was wrong.

o

That's a lot of seedlings!

o

That is a lovely plant you have there and is definitely very feminine looking and your seedlings look super
Kind regards
Averil UK

o

Cookie! You have a forest!

I thought of naming my three adeniums after the Three Furies but then I ended up with a fourth one (strange how that happens) so now they're just Thing 1 to 4.

Don't forget to show us the flower when Grace blooms!

Pagan

o

Great 'body' on that DR you have there! It really does look very feminine! Will be interesting to see when the (.v.)'s develop! Sorry folks, couldn't resist that one, lol! Nice mini forest too, you will soon have to move house!
Gill UK.

o

Great plant! Eventually when you start pruning it for a better shape it will totally look amazing and I suspect provide you with tons of flowers.

Kirk

o

Cookie, your full time job is going to begin soon.....
Great babies....

Marie

o

That is a beautiful plant! I'd give my right arm for a plant like that!

o

Beautiful. She looks like she is sitting on her knees...

Gorgeous!

Laura

o

That is a very gorgeous plant. I also really like the Christia Obcordata you have in the photo also...just gorgeous and so healthy looking.

o

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I was soooo excited when I bought this plant from Home Depot ($7). When I am repotting it, I found out how beautiful the caudex is under the soil, thats why I posted it on this forum. Here is a closer look at her form.

o

In my excitement, I forgot her backside. Here is the photo of her back. I do not wish to sexualize my plants, but, the backside looks like a male version of her front. It remind me of those fertility trees that people give offerings to, for bountiful harvest or children.

This post was edited by cookie_f on Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 19:43

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here