Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soft caudex question

Posted by Voodoomagic none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 18:52

Hi everyone I am gardening while I type this and started to look at the plants I got from Home Depot. The big red one is loosing leaves and caudex is soft ( only by roots ) same with the white one . The white one was soft because I let it dry for a week but I put it in soil and watered it on Friday of last week. I felt the caudex where roots are and they are still soft. The red one was in the sun for weeks and it was ok but not sure if I watered it enough or not. I live in corona so we get winds and the heat here is unbearable some times . I have all my adenium in Kellogg cactus and palm soil and I added perlite to the mix. My other adenium are fine. Should I move the two sick ones back under my patio ? The white one hasn't gotten too much sun because I was dryi g it out due to some root rot and damage to the roots. If pictures will help lmk I just potted these plants so soil is fresh etc ... Also my point about mentioning weather the soil looks like it gets dried almost ever day

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soft caudex question

I would move them into a filtered light site. If the soil is moist, then I would not water in again.
I would imagine if you get that hot there your watering requirements would be more often than some.
Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here