Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jesseortiz2691

Any one sell or know of adenium sellers on eBay?

Jesse Ortiz
9 years ago

Does any one of you sell adenium plants on eBay or know of a reliable eBay seller? I really want to purchase some double flowering adeniums but eBay is full of scamers so I want to see if I can get help to get directed to reliable eBay sellers or other websites that are affordable and ship to CA. Thanks in advance!

Comments (17)

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

I'm not sure you'll find anyone that can ship into CA. due to the CA restrictions. Adenium King is a very reliable seller for seeds out of Thailand.

Lonnie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

I have heard that the restrictions into Ca. can be tuff.
    Why not send a note off to Mark Dimmitt at Tucson Botanicals or I believe Lithops.com as he used to live in California and may have some info. helpful for you.
    Outside of this, check with California agriculture or FDA and see what their protocol is for these plants. Sometimes these things sound more that what they need to be or appear.
    Seems that many people are finding Adeniums in the U.S. in places such as
    Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Walmart, etc.
    Hope some of this helps.
    If using EBay, if they do not state where they can or cannot ship to, Do Not Use them. Seeds should not be an issue.
    Rick

• Jesse Ortiz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Has anyone bought from anyamanee_p on eBay? They have beautiful plants that are grafted but I read online that they are even selling grafted adeniums that aren't true to the flower picture just scamers online so I'm not so trustful with this do I would appreciate any input. Thanks

• JurgenK
    9 years ago

Hi,

We sell Adeniums, mostly through eBay. You can check the comments of previous customers there. We're located in Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain. Do I gather from CA that you're located in California? We haven't shipped outside of Europe yet, but we can look into that. Meanwhile, search for adeniumcanarias or adeniumeurope on eBay or look at our website: www.adeniumeurope.com. Any queries to: info@adeniumeurope.com

• Jesse Ortiz
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@jurgenk
    That's great thanks! And yes I'm located in california please do let me know if you can ship to me. Do you offer double flowering adeniums? Btw I looked on your eBay stores that you mentioned and the adeniumcanarias has nothing listed for sale and when I searched adeniumeurope says invalid seller name :/

• JurgenK
    9 years ago

Hi,

Let me have a look if there are any exporting issues to the USA. Here's a link to our eBay profile: http://www.ebay.es/usr/adeniumcanarias. You should be able to see what's on sale at the moment and the comments of previous clients.
    We sell mostly Adenium Obesum, we've got quite a number of five year old specimens (there're still advertised as 4,5 year old but since it's July they're 5 years now). We've got quite young plants of varieties Arabicum, Socotranum and Somalense. I'm a bit confused by the term "double flowering", I'm afraid you'll have to explain me what that means. Kind regards,

Jurgen AdeniumEurope.com

• roma0904
    9 years ago

JurgenK

What Jesus is saying is that regular adenium have a single line of petals ( 5 total ) new hybrids have 2 or 3 lines of petals those are what he is looking, if you speak spanish I can explain it in spanish too, or check the posts from Loveplants2, she has some pics there with some nice exaples

Roberto

• _eee
    9 years ago

I live in CA and have received plants from growers with no problems at all. I received a really nice grafted plant from anyamanee and from Durham. Good luck.

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Those of you who order fro Durham...do you have a contact to obtain a listing of plants he has for sale? Are they reasonably priced? I've not ordered from him yet.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Ladylotus, he has a website you can see. Durhambotanicals.com
    He is in South Florida. If I lived in the U.S., I would order and I would also
    Get some from Mark Dimmitt from Arizona. They are at Lithops.com
    Rick

• haworthia
    9 years ago

I've bought several plants from Chris with durham botanicals on ebay (no recent listing), facebook shop and by contacting chris from their website with noting but the best. Also shoalcreeksucculents on ebay has excellent somalense and I've very please with my purchases

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Thanks Rick and haworthia. I did checkthe websites for Chris and Mark. However, am I missing something? Chris only has 4 plants for sale and Mark as several singles. Do they have more that they sell or do you just need to continuously watch their websites for sale plants?

hawrthia, I've not checked shoalcreeksucculents but I am going to do that right now. Thank you for the information.

What I am looking for are some very long narrowed leaf forms. Most likely a true Somalence, Swazicum or Crispum hybrid. Where can I get some of these plants?

• laurieinphx
    9 years ago

Hi Ladylotus:

I purchased mine from Arid Lands Greenhouses in Tucson, Az. I believe he ships as well. Here is his e-mail and a picture from his nursery.

aridqueries@aridlands.com

Laurie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Ladylotus,
    You can probably reach Chris Durham at. Greenemann@earthlink.net
    I am sure that he has many plants.
    I think there are quite a few that have ordered from Adeniumrose.com in the U.S.?
    Rick

• Pagan
    9 years ago

Hi all!

I got all my adult plants from adeniumrose.com, except one. I especially like them because their web postings differentiate between plants that are proven and those that are not. So if they acquire plants advertised to bloom a certain way, they do not label them as proven until they have actually seen them bloom. I like that they take that extra distance.

Pagan

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

I just received an order from Durham Botanicals last week.
    Great looking plants and he has several varieties. You'll have to tell him what you want and he can verify if he has it.
    He wants orders of 6 or more as a minimum. I got together with two people from work to order. You can email him at - chris@durhambotanicials.com. I am very happy with the quality of the plants. He has two different variegated adeniums too. I have attached a pic of several we purchased from Chris. He is also on facebook in the adenium groups. I'll take pics of the five I purchased tonight and post them.

Lonnie

This post was edited by printmaster on Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 6:58

• JurgenK
    9 years ago

Thanks for your comment Roberto,

Jesus;

What we are selling are regular adeniums, grown from seed here in Tenerife, no grafting, but not what you're looking for I think. Anyway, it looks like the export restrictions to the US are pretty strict, I think you might be better off trying to find a local (US) supplier. I hope you'll find a reliable one.
    I'm sorry not the be able to help you.

Best Regards,

Jurgen AdeniumEurope.com