Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiwijoe21

we're waiting to grow

kiwijoe21
9 years ago

Just got them in. Can't wait to see into what colors they bloom. It's always exciting when I get a new batch like this in.

Comments (24)

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

Kiwijoe, holy cow....
    I thought I was bad...but you were worst....
    Those look very good, big and fresh....just need soil.
    Please send pictures after your plant them.
    Marie

• ronwel
    9 years ago

That is quite a crate for sure. Congrats and good luck.

• kodom087 z9a
    9 years ago

Wow! Nice group of adeniums.

Kirk

• retsec
    9 years ago

Where did you get a batch like that?

• Marie Tran
    9 years ago

I am 90% sure them were from Rinoa.

Am I right Kiwijoe?

Marie.

• maark23 TX/8a
    9 years ago

Impressive!! Where did you get them?

Mark

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

These are not from Taiwan ...they came from Thailand. They did not come in that box ...I put them in there and that is only one third in the picture. I wish I
    Could have gotten more but didn't have the funds. I will post the pictures planted tomorrow. Oh I forgot to mention they are 85 in total bareroot plants.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

They must be at a lower cost for that many in one purchase, aren't they. Would need a permit for that many I imagine?
    You are going to be busy. If you sell these, it would be nice for some of the people on this site (living in U.S.) to be able to get them?
    Rick

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes prices are considerably lower with higher amounts ordered. And another yes on the permit part ...in some cases you need more than one ...which just makes the more paperwork harder.

As far as potting them ...simple. as far as waiting to know what color they will be ...hard.

And yes ...if anyone is interested in buying any when they bloom ...I can help them out. I don't know what you guys are paying ...but my prices in a 1 gallon pot is $15 ...then in a 2gal $25 ...plus shipping costs of course.

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pics of them planted. I will have some blooming in about a month. Will take more pics of them in maybe two weeks.

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The rest of the 85.

• heart_in_bloom
    9 years ago

Wow, but then you are a Professional grower.

Are they for Your buisiness or for Your private Collection ?

Also, it will be great to follow these in Pictures as they get blooms and leaves !

So please keep posting !

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Nice looking plants. Keep us posted.
    I know I'm interested in obtaining several of the one gallon depending on the bloom.

Lonnie

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I would say 70-75 will be up for sale and the rest will be grown to have grafting material. 3 or 4 will be kept for me.

I have for a couple years now been steering away from buying grafted adenium vs me making them. I know how to graft ...but considering I keep stock of close to 35 other types of plants I can't do it all.

So some will be kept for specimen plants that will be either sold or used to make more. I'm leaning towards making more ...everyone deserves to know of this wonderful plant. More stock means more people having. And lower prices too considering I don't have to ship them in from another country.

• heart_in_bloom
    9 years ago

I'd say you have a dream job ...

Britta

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Already blooming. I'm impressed ...I get to see the color that way I can mark them the right color

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another color ...can't wait to see.

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Not fully open but getting there. Looks like red with black edges.

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The flower now a few days older. Looks darker to me ...what do you guys think???

• User
    9 years ago

I like the ruffled edges.
    Very good dark red color.
    I also liked the double white.

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Very Nice!!

Lonnie

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will go out on a limb and say ...woah!!!

The reds are getting darker.

• averil
    9 years ago

Wow that red with the black edge is absolutely gorjussssssssss!!

• kiwijoe21
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I know and it's sad to see them go ..but someone bought them. My desert rose selection is going down. I'm running out of my doubles. The way it's going ...I may sell out of doubles here in this month.

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists