Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
its here!

Posted by averil 8b (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 6:09

Opened this morning folks. I'm fair delighted with it. I thought it would end up pink but it's a lovely deep red with a yellow throat. It's the first adenium flower I've seen in the flesh.
Kind regards
Averil
UK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: its here!

And another, in case you missed the first pic lol

o

Bravo, Averil! She is perfect.

Pagan

o

Desert roses are like celebrities ...they need to be photographed at all different angles.

You have a beautiful plant there Averil ...an amazing red. You can never go wrong with red. Congratulations -Joe

o

Averil, that is so special. To have your first Adenium flower being from one that you started. The red is a nice deep red. You have it staged so well in that pot also. It matches your Geraniums to.
Top notch.
Rick

o

• Posted by ssk22 5/ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 10:18

Congratulation,
It's beautiful.

Sharon

o

WOOHOO! Congrats! It's even better when they turn out to be something you didn't expect but better.

Kirk

o

Averil,

How gorgeous! I love the way you've displayed your beautiful adenium. The pot and top dressing of pebbles is perfect. Very nice!

o

Wow.....Averil...that is totally worth for all the waiting time.
Beautiful, gorgeous pot and more buds to be open soon.

I am very happy for you....

Marie

o

Thanks for all your kind comments folks. It's when I look at that flower that I realise how beautiful the plants I see on this forum must be when seen in the flesh. I'm happy with my little bloom and there's a few more to open. Yahooooo!
Kind regards to all
Averil

o

Lovely Bloom on a very handsome plant ! ! !

And the red goes perfectly With the red of Your geranium , lol ...

Your Picture makes me envious , but also gives hope ...

Britta ( in Norway )

o

Averil,
Well done !!! Now just imagine when the plant has a full head of bloom ! You will see for yourself that they are long lasting too. Please post again when more open. We are having good adenium weather at the moment aren't we ?
Brian UK.

o

Britta, thanks. Have hope for sure! For some reason that one of mine has flowered but not a sausage from any others lol. Good luck

Thanks Brian, I was thinking how lovely the plant will be with more blooms so I'm looking forward to the other buds opening. Regarding the weather, there must be something in the air if I've managed to get a flower lol

o

It's very nice, I love the red and yellow.

Being from seed, is this the color you expected?

o

Gorgeous! I love the throat and it's contrast to the red. Awesome first bloom!

-Heather

o

Lovely flower!! Well worth the wait!

Mark

o

Averil,

You did it right? You moved south.
They worth all the time we wait to see them blooming
Nice flower congratulations
Roberto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here