Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The bud!

Posted by averil 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 9:01

Here is a couple of pics of my first ever buds on 2 year old plant. It's a nice deep rose pink but I wish it would hurry up and open so I can see the flower. I have posted a pic of the whole plant so you can admire its cute little bum lol
Averil uk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The bud!

The bum lol

o

Averil....ha ha...great looking......LOL...

Marie

o

He he Marie it could be a whole new variety. The "bud n bum" lol

o

Congrats, Averil! No matter what the bloom looks like it's totally worth it after that long of a wait.

Kirk

o

Thanks Kirk, I've never seen an adenium flower in real life before and I'm quite surprised to see how large the buds actually are. I will be excited to see it open

o

WoW! That's great news Averil. Congrats! They should last for several days I think.

I think I may have a bud too! It does not look too good at the moment so I've not got high hopes just yet. It's on one of my seed grown plants so I will let you all know what happens.

Is your plant a seed grown one? So happy for you, well done! Up the UK!!!

Gill UK

o

That is wonderul Averil. Especially on one of your own plants. Those buds seem to take forever to open when you are patiently (Ha!) waiting for them show their faces.
Cannot wait to see it.
This plant is a very nice specimen, wonderful branching and symectrical.

Gill, Looking forward to seeing yours also.
Rick

o

• Posted by ssk22 5/ohio (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 21:26

Averil,
I'm excited for you too. Knowing how long it takes to get a bud,then wait for it to open. I'm doing that right now myself on a two year old .
Gill excited for you too. You have been waiting for a bud for a long time.
Maybe this is our year. Yea!!!
Sharon

o

Averil,

I love the caudex on your adenium. It sure does resemble a bum and it put a big smile on my face.

I cannot wait to see photos of your plant blooming. Congrats!

o

Thanks for all your kind comments folks
Gill, yes it's grown from a seed. All my plants were seeds bought on ebay so I really haven't a clue what I've got. I'm pleased yours has budded Gill. Put up a pic when it opens
Sharon, I hope your blooms open soon. Maybe this is our year lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here